Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- John Legend Introduces Baby Luna to His Grandmother in a Sweet Instagram Photo
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Kourtney Kardashian Wishes 'Baby Daddy' Scott Disick a Happy 33rd Birthday – See Her TBT Photo
- What Does the Inspector General's Report on Hillary Clinton's Emails Really Mean?
- Sam Claflin Spills About Behind-the-Scenes Pranks With Me Before You Co-star Emilia Clarke: 'I Made Her Think I Was Deeply Offended'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 01, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 8
Kevin Smith Too Fat to Fly!
The 'Humiliated' Director Takes on Southwest Airlines After Getting the Boot from a Flight Because of His Size
Southwest first responded by offering Smith a $100 travel voucher (which he refused) and a statement that "our pilots are responsible for the safety and comfort of all customers . . . and therefore made the determination that Mr. Smith needed more than one seat to complete his flight." The airline's policy says passengers must be able to lower their armrests; Smith says he could.
By the evening of Feb. 15, Smith wrote online that he received in a phone call "a serious mea culpa . . . from an actual individual," a Southwest VP of communications, Linda Rutherford. "Linda told me that, before I got anywhere near the plane . . . they were having a space issue onboard with another passenger who'd purchased two seats." But by now Smith saw the problem as bigger than just his ejection. On the flight that finally took him home, Smith settled into a window seat (next to an empty seat he'd purchased). He watched as a flight attendant told a heavy woman to consider buying two seats in the future. "My heart broke for her. This ain't about me anymore. Do you know how much it sucks to be fat? There's no reason to make that person's burden worse. I just want them to change their policy. And stop insulting people."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!