Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- See All the Winners from the Kids' Choice Awards!
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- Lions vs. Crocodile: This Time, It's Personal (VIDEO)
- Inside Story: How Brittany Maynard Became a 'Death with Dignity' Advocate
- Angelina Jolie Makes Her First Post-Surgery Appearance
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 01, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 8
Life in the Dad Lane
Race-Car Champ Helio Castroneves Shifts Gears for His New Baby Girl Mikaella
DEC. 28, 2009
Helio Castroneves routinely drives 225 miles per hour on the racetrack without breaking a sweat. But when he took his newborn daughter Mikaella to her first doctor's visit in January, the three-time Indianapolis 500 champ turned into a nervous wreck behind the wheel. "It was snowing, and some of the roads were icy," says Castroneves, who is enjoying first-time parenthood with his girlfriend of two years, Atlanta restaurateur Adriana Henao, 34. "I was very cautious!"
One year ago Castroneves, 34, was on trial in Miami for tax evasion (he was acquitted in April). "It was like a Category 5 storm," he says now. But it's been all sunny skies since Mikaella arrived on Dec. 28. With the upcoming racing season just weeks away, the Dancing with the Stars winner is savoring every moment with his baby girl. "At night I put her on my chest, and I give her the bottle," he says. "I can feel her breathing and hear her heartbeat. It's the greatest feeling in the world."
So far Mikaella isn't following her dad's tire tracks. "She doesn't like to ride in the car!" he says. And that's just fine with him: "There's only one race-car driver in the family. Maybe she will play golf!"
March 28, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!