Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,188 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Stephen Curry Shares Adorable Photo of Daughters Riley and Ryan
- The Best Photos from the Week of July 27- August 2, 2015
- Inside Jill (Duggar) Dillard and Husband Derick's Life in El Salvador (Photos)
- Idris Elba Makes History by Being the First Solo Man to Be Featured on Maxim Cover
- VIDEO: No One Notices Cristiano Ronaldo's Soccer Skills When He's in Disguise
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 01, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 8
British Teen Dionne Bromfield Hits the U.K. Pop Charts with a Little Help from Her Famous 'Auntie' Amy Winehouse
Dionne Bromfield was just another student at her school in Kent, England—until the day a certain beehived tabloid magnet stopped by to pick her up. "Everyone said, 'Why didn't you tell us Amy Winehouse is your godmother?'" says Bromfield, 14. "I said, 'Because you'd flip out!'"
Actually, that's exactly what Winehouse—a longtime family friend of Bromfield's mom, Julie, 38—did when she heard the teen's powerful, Motown-style singing voice a few years ago. Soon after, Winehouse signed her (named for Celine Dion) to a four-CD deal, and Bromfield scored a U.K. radio hit with "Ain't No Mountain High Enough." Says Winehouse, 26: "Dionne has such an amazing voice at a young age. I couldn't believe what I heard."
Though Bromfield has seen "Auntie Amy" in party mode—Winehouse even threw Dionne a celeb-filled birthday bash at London's exclusive Shoreditch House Feb. 1—she says the Grammy winner isn't a bad influence. "She knows I'm sensible, so she tells me to stay on the correct path," says Bromfield (whose CD will debut in the U.S. later this year). "And to eat, eat, eat—Amy's always trying to feed me!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!