Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Khloé Kardashian and French Montana Show Sweet PDA in Miami
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- Dolly Parton Shares Her Secrets to Her Happy Marriage
- Justin Timberlake to Jessica Biel: 'I Can't Wait to See Our Greatest Creation Yet'
- Alexis Shapiro, Girl Who Suffered from Uncontrollable Hunger, Has Made Strides Since Bariatric Surgery
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 01, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 8
British Teen Dionne Bromfield Hits the U.K. Pop Charts with a Little Help from Her Famous 'Auntie' Amy Winehouse
Dionne Bromfield was just another student at her school in Kent, England—until the day a certain beehived tabloid magnet stopped by to pick her up. "Everyone said, 'Why didn't you tell us Amy Winehouse is your godmother?'" says Bromfield, 14. "I said, 'Because you'd flip out!'"
Actually, that's exactly what Winehouse—a longtime family friend of Bromfield's mom, Julie, 38—did when she heard the teen's powerful, Motown-style singing voice a few years ago. Soon after, Winehouse signed her (named for Celine Dion) to a four-CD deal, and Bromfield scored a U.K. radio hit with "Ain't No Mountain High Enough." Says Winehouse, 26: "Dionne has such an amazing voice at a young age. I couldn't believe what I heard."
Though Bromfield has seen "Auntie Amy" in party mode—Winehouse even threw Dionne a celeb-filled birthday bash at London's exclusive Shoreditch House Feb. 1—she says the Grammy winner isn't a bad influence. "She knows I'm sensible, so she tells me to stay on the correct path," says Bromfield (whose CD will debut in the U.S. later this year). "And to eat, eat, eat—Amy's always trying to feed me!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!