Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult Try to Resist Their Feelings in Clip from Sci-Fi Drama Equals
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Khloé Kardashian Feels Conflicted About Her Exes: 'If People Are Destructive to You Emotionally, That Still Doesn't Mean You Can't Love Them'
- Mother-in-Law of Murdered Texas Fitness Instructor Shares Love Story Between Her Son and Daughter-in-Law: 'She Was Definitely the One'
- WATCH: Jennifer Holliday Surprises The View's Whoopi Goldberg with Superstar Co-Host Karaoke Performance of 'And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 01, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 8
Up in the Air's Anna Kendrick
She's Done Broadway, Twilight and Downsized with George. Now All She Needs Is One Awesome Dress. . . .
Lately it's Kendrick, 24, who has been leaving people starstruck. Holding her own as a corporate go-getter opposite Clooney in Up in the Air, the onetime Tony nominee (at 12!) scored her first Oscar nomination on the heels of her scene-stealing role as Kristen Stewart's (nonvampire) pal in the Twilight franchise. "I feel like I should spend the next month at a spa, because there's no way I'm going to be ready to go to the Oscars," she says. "I have no idea what to expect."
Although she downplays her odds of winning—"I'm guessing I'll be able to enjoy the comfort of my seat, and that's fine with me"—she has plenty of experience taking the stage. Raised in Portland, Maine, by an accountant mom and history-teacher dad, Kendrick started doing community theater at age 6 and landed on Broadway in High Society at 12. "There's a sense of invincibility at that age," she says of the singing role that earned her a Tony nod. "I think if I had understood the gravity, it would have freaked me out. So I just enjoyed the ride."
That's what she's doing now, even if she finds herself in rarefied company. "At the Haiti telethon I found myself between Julia Roberts, Reese Witherspoon and Steven Spielberg, and they were all going out of their way to be so incredibly nice," she says. As for her growing fan base, Kendrick has a quick test for identifying those who love her from Twilight. "You can instantly tell which movie they know you from," she quips, "by the volume they're at."
Kendrick returns to Twilight mania with the release of Eclipse in June. And she'll star with Michael Cera in the comedy Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Meantime, she's hunting for a really great dress. "I have an idea of what an Oscar nominee should look like, but that image is Penélope Cruz or Kate Winslet," she says. "There's that strange moment where you realize you're going to go and be you, but you're going to try to look like them. It's so ridiculous to me that I even get to go."
- Mary Green/N.Y.C..
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!