Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch Jacob Tremblay Do an Adorable Blue Steel Impression on Conan
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- VIDEO: Kristen Wiig Makes a Pretty Convincing Peyton Manning on The Tonight Show
- Kanye West Selling T-Shirts With His Mother Donda and the Late Robert Kardashian's Faces on Them
- Kanye West Did Not Call Taylor Swift for Approval Over 'B----' Lyric, Singer Cautioned Him Against Releasing a 'Strong Misogynistic Message'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 22, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 7
Project Runway's Nina Garcia ...
THROW A STYLISH COCKTAIL PARTY!
The reality TV judge offers up tasty finger food, a festive drink and no-nonsense rules for a fun mixer
A Garcia fave: baked baguette slices brushed with olive oil and topped with blue cheese (8 oz. per baguette) and honey.
IT'S GLOW TIME
"Bad lighting is the devil," says Garcia, who recommends lots of soft candlelight. Vie Luxe Votive Trio, $40; Saks.com
NINA'S FROZEN FRUIT MARGARITA
• 8 oz. white tequila
• 4 oz. Cointreau
• 4 oz. any fruit syrup or fresh fruit puree
• 2 oz. fresh lime juice
• Crushed ice
• Lime wedge, for garnish
• Coarse salt, optional
Combine tequila, Cointreau, fruit puree, lime juice and ice in a blender, and blend until smooth and frothy. Pour into glass and garnish with lime. Serves four.
Catch Project Runway Thursdays at 10 p.m. on Lifetime
Wolfgang Puck's ...
DINNER FOR FOUR UNDER $10
The celebrity chef and restaurant magnate taps into his heritage for a hearty Austrian dish
CHICKEN SCHNITZEL WITH WARM POTATO SALAD
• 1 cup white wine vinegar
• ¼ cup peanut oil
• 1½ tsp. kosher salt
• ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• 3 tbsp. sugar
• 1 small yellow onion, ¼-in. dice
• 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
• 1 lb. fingerling potatoes, washed
• 3 cloves garlic
• 3 sprigs fresh parsley
• 2 tbsp. kosher salt
• 4 6-oz. chicken cutlets
• Salt and pepper
• 1 cup flour for dusting
• 2 eggs plus 2 tbsp. water, beaten, for egg wash
• 3 cups dried white bread crumbs
• Peanut oil for frying
• Lemon sections
1. In a bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients. Whisk until well blended. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, garlic, parsley and salt. Add enough water to just cover potatoes and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook about 8 minutes, or until just done (do not overcook). Strain and allow to cool at room temperature. Slice into ¼-in.-thick rounds. Add to reserved marinade and let sit at least 20 minutes before serving.
3. In a heavy, deep sauté pan, preheat 4 in. of oil to 375°.
4. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour. Dip in egg wash. Coat with bread crumbs. Deep fry about 3 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
5. In a sauté pan over high heat, warm the marinated potatoes for about 30 seconds. Serve with one schnitzel on each of four dinner plates. Garnish with lemon sections.
- CONTRIBUTORS Antoinette Y. Coulton,
- Suzanne Zuckerman,
- with Amy Elisa Keith.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!