Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Luann de Lesseps Calls Bethenny Frankel the 'Real Hypocrite' in Real Housewives of New York
- Read the Cover Story: The Final Five: Their Amazing Journey!
- WATCH: Jason Derulo Tries His Hand at Adorable 'Toddlerography' with James Corden
- Ryan Lochte Apologizes for His Olympics Scandal: 'I've Got a Big Heart, I Let a Lot of People Down'
- Zion Harvey on His Favorite Thing About Being First Kid Ever to Receive Double Hand Transplant: I Can 'Wrap Them Around My Mom'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 29, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 12
Would You Eat Breast Milk Cheese?
Manhattan Chef Daniel Angerer Tries a Surprising Ingredient at Home-and Stirs Up Controversy
So were readers of his blog. On Feb. 6 Angerer posted a recipe for breast milk cheese and eventually got 70,000 hits in a week (up from only 800). While reaction has included outrage (one local columnist denounced Angerer for going "too far"), several visitors copped to their own culinary adventures with breast milk, saying they had used it to make pancakes and key lime pie.
Meanwhile, at Klee, "the phone has been ringing off the hook," says Angerer, 37, with people wanting to try breast milk cheese. But while the chef has allowed about a dozen private citizens to sample the goods outside the restaurant, he insists he has no plans to serve it there. (Not that he'd be allowed to: A New York City Health Department spokeswoman says, "Breast milk is not intended for adults or for wide public consumption.") Instead the couple plan to donate the rest of Mason's extra milk to a milk bank in North Carolina and focus on opening a second restaurant. Says Angerer: "I'm on to spring vegetables!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!