Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Johnny Depp's 15-Year-Old Daughter Makes Stunning Red Carpet Debut at Chanel (Joining These Other A-List Daughters)
- The Best Photos from the Week of Mar. 23- Mar. 29, 2015
- WATCH: Gonzo Takes On Digital Underground's 'Humpty Dance' in Latest Muppet Mash-Up
- FROM TIME: Miley Says Indiana's Religious Freedom Law Supporters 'Are Dinosaurs, and They Are Dying Off'
- Angelina Jolie on Overcoming Difficulty: 'What Does Not Kill You Makes You Stronger'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 12, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 14
Robert Culp 1930-2010
From I Spy to Everybody Loves Raymond, the Actor Kept Things Light-but was Also Serious About Having Fun
The 79-year-old Culp-married five times and the father of five-died March 24, reportedly after collapsing while walking near his L.A. home. "It's a terrible shock," says William Katt, who teamed up with Culp for The Greatest American Hero, the cult '80s series in which he played a reluctant action hero to Culp's gnarled FBI agent. "He was in good spirits, in good health."
Good spirits seem to have been the norm for Culp. He had "this cool, hipster exterior," says actress Patricia Heaton. When he'd arrive on the Everybody Loves Raymond set for his recurring role as her father, "he wore this Playboy Mansion letter jacket, like a varsity jacket!" Culp was, in fact, a fixture at the Playboy Mansion. He even coined its informal motto, says best pal Hugh Hefner: "Gentlemen, gentlemen, be of good cheer, for they are out there, and we are in here!"
But Culp also had a serious side, notably campaigning for civil rights. "He would hook into something that spoke to his heart," says his son, actor Joseph Culp, 47. "He had a strong sense of what's right."
Culp was a constant in a changeable town. Each time they'd reunite, says Cosby, "even if it was after five years, it was like he'd just gone across the street for a loaf of bread."
- Cynthia Wang/Los Angeles,
- Champ Clark/Los Angeles.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!