Archive Page - 12/1/12 39 years, 2,080 covers and 53,257 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Hear the Hottest Dance Music This Holiday Weekend
- Prince William Is 'Very Excited' About Becoming a Father
- Want Something Different for Memorial Day? Try This Top Chef's Tuna Tacos
- Ex-tra Close Exes: Stars Who Stayed Friends
- Is The Hangover Part III Worth a Trip to the Theater? What to See ... What to Skip
On Newsstands Now
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday May 24, 2013 07:10PM EDT
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 05, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 13
Serena Williams Training to Be a Nail Tech!
The Tennis Champion Tries Her Hand at Another Profession
As if being a full-time star athlete isn't time consuming enough, Serena Williams recently enrolled in a Florida program to get her nail specialist certification. Inspired by her love of manicures ("I go every four days!" she says), she's chipping away at the required 240 course hours-even pulling a few 12-hour days. "I wanted to have a real knowledge," says Williams, who reveals she's going to tip her manicurists more now, because "I didn't realize they do so much work! There's actually an art to it." What has she learned that do-it-yourselfers can take to heart? "Be patient!" she says. "Go for long, even strokes. Use a quick-dry top coat, then stay still for 10 minutes."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!