Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Beauty Gifts She'll Love, from Stocking Stuffer to Splurge
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Two 19-Year-Old Guys Create 'The PMS Package' to Comfort Girls on Their Periods
- Florida Police Launch Investigation After Woman Shares Photo of Dog With Muzzle Duct-Taped Shut
- Police Officer Slain in Planned Parenthood Shooting Volunteered to Respond to the Scene, Was a Competitive Ice Dancer
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 17, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 19
The Making of Oprah's Dress
Behind the Scenes as Oscar De La Renta Creates a Midnight-Blue Gown for 'A Radiant Lady'
When Oprah Winfrey learned she'd be cochairing this year's Met Costume Institute Gala last year, she knew whom to call for her dress. "Oscar!" she said, pointing to her date for the evening. "It's a double O team here!" The discussions had begun when, at de la Renta's request, Winfrey sent him photos of herself in gowns she found flattering. Two hundred and fifty hours, four dressmakers, three fittings and "hundreds and hundreds of ruffles" later, the designer said he had created "a queen of the night gown" with dramatic cleavage and "an embroidered bodice that fits her like a glove." The night before the gala, Winfrey and de la Renta shared a "cozy" dinner at the New York home of Vogue editor Anna Wintour. There, Oprah told Oscar about the jewels from her own collection that she planned to wear. "She told me she feels good about her diamonds," he recalled. "She said, 'I pay for them with my work.' There was no prima donna attitude. On the contrary." Diamonds or not, "her personality, which is what makes her so successful, cannot be outshined."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!