Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke on Her Epic Nude Scene: 'That Ain't No Body Double!'
- Read the Cover Story: Céline Dion: 'I Lost the Love of My Life'
- WATCH: 7 Facts You Might Not Know About Thelma & Louise
- FROM EW: Spot Them Anwyhere? Dory Sets Out to Find Her Family in New Finding Dory Trailer
- WATCH: Holly Madison Admits She Feared Ex Hugh Hefner Would Haunt Her Dating Life
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 17, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 19
Lynn Redgrave 1943-2010
English Acting Royalty, She Became a Down-to-Earth American Star-and Battled Cancer with a Stiff Upper Lip
Onstage and off, Redgrave radiated pluck-never more so than as the plump protagonist in the 1966 film Georgy Girl, which earned her a Best Actress Oscar nomination at 23. But the youngest member of an acting dynasty-her parents were West End legends Sir Michael Redgrave and Rachel Kempson, her siblings Vanessa and Corin Redgrave (who died April 6), and her nieces Joely and the late Natasha Richardson-once called herself "the glum one" and struggled with her self-image.
She began a new life in America, where she starred in the '80s sitcom House Calls and raised Benjamin, 42, Kelly, 40, and Annabel, 29, her children with actor John Clark, whom she divorced in 2000. Her kids helped her weather the split and a seven-year battle with cancer. Surrounded by loved ones, she died at 67 in her Connecticut home on May 2.
For all her acting kudos-she was nominated for three Tonys and scored a second Oscar nod for 1998's Gods and Monsters-Hardy says it was just the final bow Redgrave wanted. "She was very, very proud of her children," he says. "She loved life. And she never gave up."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!