Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The 10 Can't-Miss Photos of the Week
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Sharon Osbourne on Daughter Kelly Leaving Fashion Police: 'You Can Never Be Bought'
- Lupita Nyong'o's Oscars Dress Reportedly Returned to Los Angeles Hotel
- One Dad, Four Newborns: Father of Quadruplets Cares for Babies After Wife's Tragic Death
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 24, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 20
People Before Profit
On His 81st Birthday, Bob Moore Gave His Multimillion-Dollar Company to His Employees
Founded in 1974, Bob's Red Mill-and Bob himself-have gained a devoted staff of 209, who know him as a generous boss. But no one expected this. "I don't think it's really sunk in," says head miller David Geiter, 50, who started sweeping floors in 1981 and now may leave with about $230,000 at age 65. Moore's three sons (none of whom work for him) don't mind that they won't be inheriting the business. "He's taken care of us," says Bob Jr., 56, also a flour miller. "What he's done is great."
The new employee/owners agree. "You can feel it in the air: There's a lot of happy stories about what folks plan to do when they retire," says Matthew Cox, a marketing manager for the company. "Deep down, nobody's really surprised by this. This is just how Bob is."
KNOW A HERO? SEND SUGGESTIONS TO HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!