Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kim and Kanye Visit Lamar in the Hospital Before Khloé's Big Thanksgiving Dinner
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- 13 Things We Can Learn from Hillary Clinton's #TBT Photos
- Ben and Jessa (Duggar) Seewald's Sweet Thanksgiving Message for Son Spurgeon: 'We Are So Happy to Be Parents!'
- Hate Jean Shopping? We Just Found the Most Universally Slimming Pants Ever
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 24, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 20
People Before Profit
On His 81st Birthday, Bob Moore Gave His Multimillion-Dollar Company to His Employees
Founded in 1974, Bob's Red Mill-and Bob himself-have gained a devoted staff of 209, who know him as a generous boss. But no one expected this. "I don't think it's really sunk in," says head miller David Geiter, 50, who started sweeping floors in 1981 and now may leave with about $230,000 at age 65. Moore's three sons (none of whom work for him) don't mind that they won't be inheriting the business. "He's taken care of us," says Bob Jr., 56, also a flour miller. "What he's done is great."
The new employee/owners agree. "You can feel it in the air: There's a lot of happy stories about what folks plan to do when they retire," says Matthew Cox, a marketing manager for the company. "Deep down, nobody's really surprised by this. This is just how Bob is."
KNOW A HERO? SEND SUGGESTIONS TO HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
November 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!