Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,184 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Thousands Sing 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' as Oregon's Historic Civic Stadium Burns Down
- The Best Photos from the Week of June 22- June 29, 2015
- Internet Patron Saint Rick Astley Covers 'Uptown Funk' (VIDEO)
- Watch Steamy Magic Mike XXL Performed by ... Hot Dogs?
- Will the Up House in Seattle Be Torn Down? Famous Home Faces Wrecking Ball
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 14, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 23
Al & Tipper Gore: Surprise Split
The Former V.P. and His Wife Separate After 40 Years of Seemingly Happy Marriage
But despite the closeness, friends also note that their passions have diverged for years. Tipper, 61, a photographer, "always wanted to be a normal person and have fun," says a longtime associate. As for Al, 62, who juggles six different environmental and business positions, "he never learned to relax." Adds a friend in Nashville: "Al travels so much, for his books, for all of his climate work, helping with campaigns. He's gone a lot and that's hard." Another possible sign: The couple just purchased a villa in Montecito, Calif., yet have no plans to sell their Nashville home.
But given other recent cheating scandals, friends seem convinced on one point: There was no adultery. Says a colleague: "These two will remain the best of friends because they've been friends for life."
- with Kay West.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!