Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Penélope Cruz Once Styled Salma Hayek's Hair in the Dark
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- NBA Star Bryce Dejean-Jones Shot Dead in Dallas After Reportedly Entering the Wrong Apartment
- Amanda de Cadenet Sends Messages of Support for Friend Amber Heard After the Actress Claims Husband Johnny Depp Abused Her
- All-Star Memorial Day Recipes from Your Favorite Celebrity Chefs
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 14, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 23
Al & Tipper Gore: Surprise Split
The Former V.P. and His Wife Separate After 40 Years of Seemingly Happy Marriage
But despite the closeness, friends also note that their passions have diverged for years. Tipper, 61, a photographer, "always wanted to be a normal person and have fun," says a longtime associate. As for Al, 62, who juggles six different environmental and business positions, "he never learned to relax." Adds a friend in Nashville: "Al travels so much, for his books, for all of his climate work, helping with campaigns. He's gone a lot and that's hard." Another possible sign: The couple just purchased a villa in Montecito, Calif., yet have no plans to sell their Nashville home.
But given other recent cheating scandals, friends seem convinced on one point: There was no adultery. Says a colleague: "These two will remain the best of friends because they've been friends for life."
- with Kay West.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!