Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Beatlemania Revisited in New Trailer for Ron Howard's Eight Days a Week
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Meet Korea's Biggest Hearthrob Lee Min Ho (His Perfect Day Off Includes a Ton of Sleeping!)
- Tinsley Mortimer Finalizes Deal with Ex to Have Case Dismissed After Trespassing Arrest: 'She Can Finally Move On with Her Life,' Source Says
- Teen with Cancer Marries High School Sweetheart from Hospital Bed: 'Love Is Still Possible'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 14, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 23
Al & Tipper Gore: Surprise Split
The Former V.P. and His Wife Separate After 40 Years of Seemingly Happy Marriage
But despite the closeness, friends also note that their passions have diverged for years. Tipper, 61, a photographer, "always wanted to be a normal person and have fun," says a longtime associate. As for Al, 62, who juggles six different environmental and business positions, "he never learned to relax." Adds a friend in Nashville: "Al travels so much, for his books, for all of his climate work, helping with campaigns. He's gone a lot and that's hard." Another possible sign: The couple just purchased a villa in Montecito, Calif., yet have no plans to sell their Nashville home.
But given other recent cheating scandals, friends seem convinced on one point: There was no adultery. Says a colleague: "These two will remain the best of friends because they've been friends for life."
- with Kay West.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!