Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- See All the Winners from the Kids' Choice Awards!
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- Lions vs. Crocodile: This Time, It's Personal (VIDEO)
- Inside Story: How Brittany Maynard Became a 'Death with Dignity' Advocate
- Angelina Jolie Makes Her First Post-Surgery Appearance
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 14, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 23
Al & Tipper Gore: Surprise Split
The Former V.P. and His Wife Separate After 40 Years of Seemingly Happy Marriage
But despite the closeness, friends also note that their passions have diverged for years. Tipper, 61, a photographer, "always wanted to be a normal person and have fun," says a longtime associate. As for Al, 62, who juggles six different environmental and business positions, "he never learned to relax." Adds a friend in Nashville: "Al travels so much, for his books, for all of his climate work, helping with campaigns. He's gone a lot and that's hard." Another possible sign: The couple just purchased a villa in Montecito, Calif., yet have no plans to sell their Nashville home.
But given other recent cheating scandals, friends seem convinced on one point: There was no adultery. Says a colleague: "These two will remain the best of friends because they've been friends for life."
- with Kay West.
March 28, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!