Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Lawrence: Inside Her Next Moves
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- Zayn Malik Speaks Out About Leaving One Direction: 'I Feel Like I'm Doing What's Right'
- VIDEO: Bruce Jenner Cries After Ex-Wife Kris Removes Him from Her Living Will
- Former Family Matters Star Darius McCrary Arrested for Failing to Pay Child Support
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 21, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 24
A Mom Pays Bills for Sick Children
During the five years her pigtailed little girl Kelly Anne was fighting leukemia, Peggy Dolan all but took up residence in the pediatric ward. But she still thought herself lucky. "My husband had a job, we had insurance, we could afford overnight parking," she recalls. "A lot of kids would lie there alone because their parents didn't have bus fare." In the 33 years since she buried her 6-year-old, Peggy, now a widow, has raised millions-from grant proposals to "Funny Feet Walks"-for the Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund (dolanfund.org). The nonprofit has helped some 18,000 families with sick and disabled kids in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware pay for things insurance doesn't cover-such as travel costs, 24/7 electricity for a ventilator or, in Mike Robinson's case, a wheelchair-accessible van for son Matthew, 14, who has muscular dystrophy. "A lot of people mourning a child would just hide," says Robinson. "Peggy's a miracle."
KNOW A HERO? SEND SUGGESTIONS TO HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!