Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 7-Year-Old Writes Comic Book to Empower Other Girls with Insecurities
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 20- Apr. 26, 2015
- Powerboat Racer Who Allegedly Faked His Death to Avoid Criminal Charges Faces More Charges
- Liam Payne Says New One Direction Album Will Be 'Oasis-y,' Jokes the Band Is 'Already a Man Down'
- Spotted! Kate Out Driving as Royal Baby Buzz Grows
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 21, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 24
A Mom Pays Bills for Sick Children
During the five years her pigtailed little girl Kelly Anne was fighting leukemia, Peggy Dolan all but took up residence in the pediatric ward. But she still thought herself lucky. "My husband had a job, we had insurance, we could afford overnight parking," she recalls. "A lot of kids would lie there alone because their parents didn't have bus fare." In the 33 years since she buried her 6-year-old, Peggy, now a widow, has raised millions-from grant proposals to "Funny Feet Walks"-for the Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund (dolanfund.org). The nonprofit has helped some 18,000 families with sick and disabled kids in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware pay for things insurance doesn't cover-such as travel costs, 24/7 electricity for a ventilator or, in Mike Robinson's case, a wheelchair-accessible van for son Matthew, 14, who has muscular dystrophy. "A lot of people mourning a child would just hide," says Robinson. "Peggy's a miracle."
KNOW A HERO? SEND SUGGESTIONS TO HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
April 28, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!