Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday December 21, 2014 07:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 21, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 24
Aida Mollenkamp's ...
EASY CHICKEN SKEWERS
The Food Network and Cooking Channel star whips up a guilt-free dish perfect for summer
• 1/3 cup molasses
• 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
• 5 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
• 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped (or 2 tsp. hot sauce)
• 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast or thigh meat, cut lengthwise into 1-in.-wide strips
• 36 to 40 (6-in.) wooden skewers
1. Combine everything except chicken and skewers in a large glass or stainless steel bowl. Whisk to combine. Add chicken strips and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 45 minutes and up to 4 hours.
2. Heat oven to 425°. Remove chicken from marinade (reserving marinade) and thread 1 piece onto each skewer. Arrange skewers on a foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Heat reserved marinade and boil for 3 minutes. Let cool.
3. Bake chicken in middle of oven for 10 minutes. Flip skewers and baste with remaining marinade (you don't need to use it all). Bake for about 5 more minutes, until golden brown on both sides.
Mollenkamp's new show FoodCrafters airs Mondays at 10 p.m. on Cooking Channel.
MY FAVORITE THINGS
The Gossip Girl star goes for grays, pinks and the element of surprise
1 ODD LOT
"A kitschy lamp is a cool way to bring in a bit of fun," says the star, who likes the selection at Urban Outfitters.
Neon Fawn Lamp, $48; urban outfitters.com
2 TRAY CHIC
At her place, "everything is lacquer, chrome and glass," says Trachtenberg, who put a larger version of this tray on a coffee table.
Hot Pink Lacquer Bath Tray, $28; jonathanadler.com
3 TABLE MATE
"There's an element of 'boudoir' in my decorating," says the star, who has this nightstand in her bedroom. "And I love Art Deco."
Hayworth Nightstand, $199.95; pier1.com
4 SILVER BELLE
"Gunmetal gray is a great alternative to black or brown," she says. Case in point? Her "sparkly" bench. Jet Storage Bench in Sparkle, $240; urbanoutfitters.com
Hollywood Art Trend: Celeb Silhouettes!
Having a portrait done may be old hat for some A-listers, but artist Karl Johnson still gets a big reaction out of celebs whenever he whips out his scissors to create their silhouettes. "Jennifer Lopez appeared bowled over," says Johnson, who showed off his talent at the singer's birthday bash last year. And Reese Witherspoon sat for Johnson at Colin Hanks' wedding last month. Says Johnson: "She said, 'This is the coolest thing ever.'" Custom Silhouettes, from $25; cutarts.com
DRINK YOUR DESSERT!
Sweet spirits from celeb hot spots and more
FROZEN FUDGE-DIPPED STRAWBERRY MUDSLIDE
• 1 No Sugar Added Fudgsicle
• ¼ cup light vanilla soymilk
• 1½ oz. vodka
• 1 tbsp. sugar-free, calorie-free strawberry-flavored syrup (such as Torani)
• 3 frozen strawberries, slightly thawed
• 1 tbsp. sugar-free chocolate syrup
• 2 no-calorie sweetener packets
• ¾ cup crushed ice
• 2 tbsp. water
Optional: Fat-free Reddi-Wip
Remove fudge pop from wooden stick and place in blender. Add all other ingredients and blend at high speed until thoroughly mixed. For a thinner consistency, add 1 to 2 tbsp. more water. Pour into a tall glass and, if desired, top with Reddi-Wip.
IRISH CEREAL MILK
Abe & Arthur's, N.Y.C.
• ½ cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
• ¼ cup whole milk
• 2 oz. Jameson Irish Whiskey
• 1 tbsp. simple syrup
Soak cereal in milk for 30 minutes. Strain and discard cereal. Fill a rocks glass with ice. Add whiskey, simple syrup and strained milk. Add fresh Cinnamon Toast Crunch pieces.
SPIKED ROOT BEER FLOAT
A Restaurant, Newport Beach, Calif.
• 2 oz. root-beer flavored vodka
• 1 oz. Jagermeister
• 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
• 5 oz. Root Beer
Combine vodka and Jagermeister in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a pint glass or mug. Add scoop of vanilla ice cream and top with root beer.
CHERRY BOMB MILKSHAKE
Southern Hospitality, N.Y.C.
• 1 cup vanilla ice cream
• 6 tbsp. whole milk
• 3 oz. Jim Beam Red Stag Bourbon
• 3 tbsp. chocolate syrup
Optional: whipped cream
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Serve in milkshake glass and, if desired, top with whipped cream.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!