Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mariah Carey and Brett Ratner Stroll Arm-in-Arm in St. Barts After Denying Their Romance
- We're Dye-ing Over these Easter Egg Designs
- FROM EW: Prince Sued in Legal Battle Over The Voice Singer Judith Hill
- From Homeless to Music Stardom: Doug Seegers on His 'Roller Coaster' Life
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 19, 2010
- Vol. 73
- No. 28
Claire Robinson's ...
The Food Network star from Memphis puts a healthy spin on a hometown fave
DRY RUBBED CHICKEN
• ¾ cup kosher salt, plus 1 tsp.
• ¾ cup light brown sugar, plus 1 tsp.
• ¾ cup white vinegar
• 3 tbsp. dry barbecue seasoning
• 2 large bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves, about 2¼ lbs.
1. Combine 8 cups of water, ¾ cup each of salt, brown sugar, vinegar and 1 tbsp. of barbecue seasoning in large plastic container to create a brine.
2. Add chicken to container and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350°.
4. Remove chicken from brine and pat dry.
5. Combine remaining salt, brown sugar and barbecue seasoning and rub on chicken.
6. Place chicken in roasting pan, add 2 tbsp. water to bottom of pan, and roast for 45 to 50 minutes.
7. Rest pan on cutting board for 5 minutes. Slice chicken and serve.
Robinson's show 5 Ingredient Fix airs Saturdays at 12:30 p.m.
JUST 360 CALORIES
The expert known as Dr. Beach shares his top spots for a sandy retreat this summer
1. COOPERS BEACH, SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y.
"It's a different world," says Dr. Stephen Leatherman, aka "Dr. Beach," codirector of the coastal research lab at Florida International University. "You can walk along seven miles of beach lined with mansions."
2. SIESTA BEACH, SARASOTA, FLA.
No sign of the oil spill and "no big waves, so it's perfect for swimming," he says.
3. CORONADO BEACH, SAN DIEGO
Mica in the sand makes the beach "sparkle in the sunlight." Plus "it's the warmest water you'll find on the California coast," says Dr. Leatherman.
For Dr. Leatherman's complete guide to the best beaches, go to beachfinder.org
CELEBS GEAR UP FOR THE BEACH
CHRISTY OF ENGLAND BEACH TOWEL
Singers Robin Thicke and Kelis both own towels from this collection, available in several designs. $24.99 each; designerlinensoutlet.com
EAST AFRICAN SARONG
A "seasonal obsession," blogged Rachel Zoe. $98; nomadictradingcompany.com
Hannah Montana ...
GET THE LOOK!
Miley Cyrus' show returns with a new set-including a comfy and colorful outdoor space
"It's a summery look that's part horse ranch, part Malibu beach house"
-SET DECORATOR WENDY FINE
Azteca Wood Burning Fire Pit, $199.95; thebluerooster.com
1 SLICK WICKER
"Honey-colored wicker is sophisticated but homey," says Hannah's set decorator Wendy Fine.
Left: Banana Armchair (cushion sold separately), $269.95; pier1.com. Right: Majby Chair, $79.99; ikea.com
2 FIRED UP
"Consider conversation areas," Fine says of setting up an outdoor space. "Whether it's a fire pit or a coffee table, people like an area to gather around."
3 TANGERINE TWIST
Lots of pillows give off a Mediterranean vibe, says Fine. Plus "it's Disney-you go for color."
IMAX Sydney Pillow, $39; walmart.com
Hannah Montana Forever's final season debuts July 11 on Disney
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!