Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Clive Davis 'Will Make Sure' Whitney Houston Is Remembered' at His Annual Pre-Grammy Gala
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- 'Mother Hen' Kate Winslet Says She Fed Michael Fassbender on Steve Jobs Set After He Got 'Thinner and Thinner' for Role
- Evan Ross Shares Sweet Shot of Daughter Jagger with Wife Ashlee Simpson
- Lady Gaga Gets David Bowie Tattoo Days Before Honoring Him at the Grammy Awards: 'This Was the Image That Changed My Life'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 09, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 3
George & Elisabetta: Eat Play Love!
The Couple of One Year Make the Most of Their Sexy Summer Together-Just Don't Expect a Wedding Anytime Soon
One year after Clooney, 49, and Italian beauty Canalis, 31, first stepped out as a couple, the pair appear to be more in love-and committed-than ever. So could the steadfast bachelor who told PEOPLE in '06 that marriage "is not something I'm looking out for" possibly follow his pals down the aisle? Don't count on it. Despite new rumors prompted by a white tent at the villa-for yet another pal's wedding, it turns out-the rumors "aren't true," says his rep.
But that doesn't mean Clooney isn't serious about Canalis, an actress and sometime TV host whose low-key glamour is well-suited to the Oscar winner, say pals. "She's funny and smart," says former MTV veejay Karen Duffy, who dated the actor in the mid-'90s and remains a close friend. "She's exactly who you'd want one of your friends to date."
The pair share a love of la dolce vita-whether sailing on Lake Como for a July 4 fireworks cruise with friends, including Uma Thurman and her beau Arpad Busson; motorcycling in Malibu with pals Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber; or strolling in Honolulu, where Canalis joined Clooney in April on the set of his film The Descendants. The couple also enjoy indulging in Canalis' native cuisine. In Lake Como "they have mainly been dining at home," says a local shopkeeper. "The housekeeper comes in for last-minute ingredients."
That may be as domestic as the famously eligible bachelor gets. Although Elisabetta recently told the Italian magazine Oggi, "I do believe in marriage," friends say Clooney is happy to be the one hosting the weddings, not starring in one. "If you know and care about him, you don't ever bring [marriage] up," says Duffy. But, she adds, "the woman he is with now is incredible."
- Pernilla Cedenheim/Los Angeles,
- Alexis Chiu/Los Angeles,
- Elizabeth Leonard/Los Angeles.
February 15, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!