Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gold Medalist Kami Craig Told Her Mom She Was Going to the Olympics (When She Was 5 Years Old!)
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- Watch Daya Perform Her Hit Songs on the PEOPLE Now Concert Series Presented by Toyota Music
- He's a Mini Blake! Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Faceswaps with Shelton and Sings His Song
- Joel Madden Has a Mini-Me! Nicole Richie Talks About Life on Tour with Two Kids
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 09, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 3
HOT SPOT TAHITI
Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher honeymooned in this romantic Pacific idyll (it was also the scene of a memorable Bachelorette date!)
"The hyperbole is justified: Tahiti is paradise," says Pauline Frommer, creator of the Pauline Frommer travel guides, of the romantic getaway where newlyweds Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher relaxed after their southern wedding and The Bachelorette recently filmed. Along with the "bluest blue" South Pacific waters, Frommer adds, "even the air smells sweet, perfumed by hibiscus and local gardenias that bloom year-round."
OR BRING TAHITI TO YOU ...
If it's a little far to go, you can summon the fragrance and flair of French Polynesia right to your door with a click!
The kitchen staple is made from local beans.
Tahitian Vanilla Extract, $22.95 for 4 oz; kingarthur flour.com
Fedotowsky found pearls on a day out.
Tahitian Baroque Pearl Leather Bracelet, $99; thepearl source.com
Dustin Miller's ...
ALL-STAR STEAK SANDWICH
Forget hot dogs and peanuts! This signature dish at the Kansas City Royals' Kauffmann Stadium won MVP from baseball fans
KANSAS CITY RIB-EYE STACK
Makes 1 sandwich
• 1 potato roll, lightly toasted
• 6 oz. rib-eye steak
• 1 slice cheddar cheese
• 2 slices cooked bacon
• 2 tbsp. sliced, sauteed mushrooms
• 1 medium slice grilled onion
• 1 tbsp. mustard-based barbecue sauce
• 1 leaf Red Leaf lettuce
• 1 slice tomato
• 2 dill pickle chips
1. Season rib-eye with salt and pepper.
2. Grill until medium rare. Slice thin.
3. Place steak on bottom half of roll.
4. Top with cheese, bacon, mushrooms, onion and sauce.
5. Place lettuce, tomato and pickle on other roll half. Serve.
EMMY ROSSUM'S SUMMER MUST-HAVE
Quick: What happens when you host a backyard party where there are more guests than chairs? Take Emmy Rossum's lead. "I just bought chaise lounge cushions at West Elm," says the star of the upcoming Showtime series Shameless. "So if I have extra people over, I just unfold the cushions, and friends can lie on those and sun."
Outdoor Lounger Cushions, $99 each; westelm.com
MORE LOUNGE ACTS
1. Sunbrella Piped Chaise Cushion in Sun Yellow, $159.50; landsend.com
2. Universal Chaise Cushion in Woodbine Green, $59.99; jcp.com
3. Outdoor Patio Black/White Floral Chaise Cushion, $99.99; target.com
We Asked ...
What Did Your Childhood Room Look Like?
"In fifth grade it was all Tweety Bird. And then in high school, I did artwork with chalk on my walls. My mom was mad. I probably shouldn't have done it, but I did."
"My room was filled with model airplanes. I wasn't as good at building them as my older brother Dave, but I was good."
"I was really into Alyssa Milano. I had a big poster of her wearing a half-shirt on my wall. And then once I realized I was gay, it became George Michael everywhere."
- CONTRIBUTORS Antoinette Y. Coulton,
- Liza Hamm,
- Suzanne Zuckerman,
- with Oliver Jones.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!