- WATCH: 17 Hours, 3,000 Miles and 5 Cities: Inside Drake White's 'Livin' the Dream' Charity Blitz
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- FROM EW: Eva Longoria to Direct Jane the Virgin Episode
- Amber Heard Calls Out Johnny Depp for Using Charity Donation as 'His Tax Deduction'
- The Election Has Made Oprah Winfrey Wish She Had a TV Show Again So She 'Could Explain What Is Happening'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- August 16, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 4
She Throws Showers for Military Babies
Felshaw was in desperate need of solace in March 2006 after the death of 3-week-old Allysa-born with a terminal condition-when a joyful memory came back: The baby shower their church had thrown for Felshaw and husband Josh, a Marine sergeant. "That perfect strangers would help was overwhelming," says Felshaw, a former Marine. Through her Operation Showers of Appreciation, she's thrown 25 showers and provided $250,000 in baby clothes and gear to 500 military families. Marine Lance Cpl. Alyssa Iwanski, 20, expecting her first child with husband Micheal, wept at the sight of a stroller, diaper bag and stuffed animals. "Babies are expensive, and this was a great help," she says. "Kim's amazing."
KNOW A HERO? SEND SUGGESTIONS TO HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!