Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Tips for Finding Love on Valentine's Day – From Pre-K Sweethearts Who Met Again Three Decades Later
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- Why Beth Behrs Went From Being a 'Junk-Food-Aholic' to a Vegetarian – Plus a Look Inside Her Home!
- Boyfriend of British Soap Star Sian Blake Arrested in Heathrow Airport for Murder of Blake and Their Children
- VIDEO: These Sexy Abs Will Help You Get Over Being Single on Valentine's Day
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 13, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 8
PEACHY BREAD PUDDING
The host of Bravo's Top Chef: Just Desserts shares a recipe for a sweet treat that's 'perfect for entertaining'
MAPLE PEACH BREAD PUDDING
1 lb. brioche or challah bread, cut into 1-inch pieces (12 cups)
5 tbsp. unsalted butter
2 large ripe yellow peaches, pitted and cut into ½-inch pieces
1 cup sugar, plus 2 tbsp. for topping
¼ cup peach schnapps (optional)
4 large eggs, beaten
3 cups milk
½ cup grade A maple syrup Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spread brioche on rimmed baking sheet. Toast for about 15 minutes, turning once or twice.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet. Reserve 3 tbsp. of melted butter.
3. Add peaches and ¼ cup sugar to skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add schnapps, if desired. Return skillet to heat and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in ¼ cup of maple syrup.
5. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and ¾ cup sugar. Add brioche and peach mixture and toss until coated. Let stand 5-10 minutes.
6. Brush an 8-by-11-in. baking dish with 1 tbsp. melted butter. Add bread pudding and drizzle with remaining syrup and 2 tbsp. butter. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp. sugar.
7. Bake for about 50 minutes, until pudding is set and the top is golden and slightly crispy. Let cool and serve.
Top Chef: Just Desserts debuts Sept. 15 at 11 p.m. on Bravo.
CELEBRATE SPA WEEK
From Sept. 13 to 19 (West Coast) or Oct. 11 to 17 (East Coast), U.S. spas offer discounts
SPA SPACE, CHICAGO
Celeb client: Gabrielle Union
Service: The Mega-Massage Lavender Pedicure, which uses lavender-scented products to buff and moisturize the skin. Also focuses extra attention on the legs and feet
Spa Week price: $50 for 70 min. (regular price: $75) Info: spaspace.com
RELAX AT HOME!
A simple do-it-yourself recipe for an all-natural facial scrub from the Great Jones Spa in New York City
LEMON SUGAR FACIAL SCRUB
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. almond oil
A few drops of lemon juice
1. Combine all the ingredients.
2. Gently massage into face using a circular motion for one minute.
3. Rinse with warm water.
RED DOOR SPA, NEW YORK CITY
Celeb client: Real Housewife Countess LuAnn de Lesseps
Service: A 50-minute sampler of the Stress Melter Ritual, including exfoliation and more
Spa Week price: $50 (regular price: $235 for 110 minutes)
HELA SPA, CHEVY CHASE, MD.
Celeb client: Molly Sims
Service: The spa's signature Greta Garbo Facial
Spa Week price: $50 (regular price: $120 for 50 minutes) Info: helaspa.com
SPA WEEK GETAWAY
Spaweek.com is giving PEOPLE readers an exclusive chance to win a seven-night vacation for two at Fiji's Turtle Island Resort, including airfare provided by Air Pacific, valued at more than $20,000. To enter and for more details, go to www.spaweek.com/alistoasis.
The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. (EST) on Sept. 1, 2010, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (EST) on Sept. 14, 2010. Must be a resident of the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec) and 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Go to www.spaweek .com/alistoasis for the Official Rules. Spa Week Media Group, Ltd. is solely responsible for the administration of this promotion.
MY FAVORITE THINGS
The fashion icon-and fabric designer-shows off the items she loves in her home
1 LOVE SEAT
"I have this chair on my porch," says Iman. "It's an invitation to lie around."
Plantation Chair, $169.99; worldmarket.com
2 GLASS ACT
"I keep these grouped in the powder room. My husband [David Bowie] loves modern things." Hues
Bottle Vases $175-$265; plantation design.com
3 GREAT SERVICE
"This reminds me of growing up in Africa," she says.
Acacia Wood Platter, $14.95; crateandbarrel.com
4 BRIGHT SIDE
"I have one beside the sofa for books or my coffee cup," she says. "They're so functional."
Nesting Tables, $229; westelm.com
IMAN'S FABRIC LINE!
"Fabric is a home's DNA," says Iman of her new textile line, inspired by trips to Istanbul and Morocco. "I wanted to create that DNA."
Punjab Peacock (left) and Zebra Oasis (right), $24.99- $52.99/yd.; Sept. 5 at calicocorners.com
SUPERMODEL STAR TALK
We asked ...
What's Your Decorating Style?
"My style at home is more modern and spare. I'm not at all a flea market shopper and I'll use big box stores only for kitchen stuff. I like furniture from Design Within Reach."
"The look of my home is tribal. I have a lot of wood and leather and cashmere and silk. It's all quite textural. I have very eclectic taste."
"We live on the beach in Malibu. We call our style 'tropical, colonial.' We wanted a laidback family home that celebrates the ocean."
- CONTRIBUTORS Antoinette Y. Coulton,
- Liza Hamm,
- Thailan Pham,
- Suzanne Zuckerman.
February 12, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!