Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mary J. Blige Files for Divorce from Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Man in Army Fatigues Arrested in Pennsylvania Theater Allegedly Had Stolen Gun, Ammunition and Respirator
- JoJo Drops Wiz Khalifa Collab, Announces First Album Since Label Lawsuit: 'I Never Left' – But 'I Didn't Own My Voice' for 7 Years
- Tennessee Dad Drowns While Trying to Save Daughters from Rip Current – How to Stay Safe in the Ocean This Summer
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 20, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 9
Twin Sisters Help Ailing Women Feel Pretty Again
Marilyn Hollenback had just been diagnosed with colon cancer last winter, and she had a lot on her mind. One thing she didn't have to worry about: her hair. When it fell out, Jeanie Thompson and Janie Martz, 57, identical twins and co-owners of the Jeanie & Co. salon, welcomed her for a wig fitting. "I put it on," says Hollenback, 79, of the blonde bob hairpiece, "and I just felt amazing."
Since 1996 the sisters have given some 800 wigs to Central Minnesota cancer patients-all in honor of their mother, Ruth, who died of pancreatic cancer at age 73. Buying new and collecting donated wigs through their nonprofit Ruth's Free Wig Closet (ruthsfreewigcloset.org), "they help patients feel normal," says Marian Foehrenbacher of the Brainerd Lakes Cancer Center. Says Martz: "It gives them some power. They're so down when they come in and so happy when they go. If you can help someone feel better, why wouldn't you?"
KNOW A HERO? SEND SUGGESTIONS TO HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!