Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Zac Efron Says Final Goodbye to His Dog Puppy: 'You've Always Been My Best Friend'
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Britney Spears Recreates Her Iconic 'Baby One More Time' Video with James Corden on Carpool Karaoke
- FROM EW: Ellie Goulding's 'Still Falling for You' Video Teases Bridget Jones's Baby
- Taylor Swift Donates $50,000 to Baton Rouge Food Bank
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 20, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 9
America's Got Talent's Jackie Evancho: Little Girl, Big Voice
Her Precocious Pipes Have Won Her Legions of Fans. But Offstage, This Opera Prodigy Prefers Tween Pop to Arias
Team Evancho says Jackie's no flash in the pan. "When I heard her, I started weeping-it's that beautiful," says vocal coach Paula Signorino-Richter, who began working with her in 2009. The daughter of a fashion-business-owner mom and security-company-owner dad is also a self-trained pianist ("I taught myself the Titanic theme because it moved me") and songwriter who favors tunes about "heartbreak." At 10? "From watching movies," she clarifies. Mom Lisa insists she's a typical tween: "She loves Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus. But we don't let her belt that stuff because it would damage her voice." She needs to protect it if she makes Talent's Sept. 15 finale, when she could face the likes of performance troupe Fighting Gravity and fellow opera act Prince Poppycock. If she wins, don't expect her to splurge on a trip to La Scala. Declares the pint-size soprano: "I want to have a pony!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!