Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Michael Phelps Edges Out Rival Ryan Lochte to Win at Olympic Swim Trials as Both Punch Their Ticket to Rio
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- Johnny Depp Kicks Off U.S. Tour with Hollywood Vampires in Pennsylvania
- Janelle Monae Dishes on Her Big Screen Debut in New Film Hidden Figures
- 4 Kids Stabbed to Death in Memphis, Police Take Mother Into Custody
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 20, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 9
MOM'S MACARONI SALAD
Mark Wahlberg and his big brother-chef Paul Wahlberg of Alma Nove restaurant-still crave this childhood fave
ALMA'S MACARONI SALAD
Serves 6 to 8
1 lb. elbow macaroni
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
¼ cup diced green peppers
¼ cup diced celery
2 tbsp. diced red onion
1 tsp. celery salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 tbs. chopped parsley
3 tbs. mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again. Place macaroni in bowl and set aside to cool.
2. Add vegetable oil to macaroni and toss. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Chill and serve.
Visit Paul Wahlberg's eatery Alma Nove, in Hingham, Mass.
PARTY LIKE A PRINCESS!
Make any occasion a crowning achievement with the help of the Middleton family's online party-supply store
1 NOBLE NAPKINS
According to the site, Middleton's mom, Carole, launched Party Pieces to "inspire other mothers to create magical parties." Six gem napkin holders; about $24
2 LIGHT APPETITE
The royal girlfriend's fondest party memory? A marshmallow cake her mom made for her when she was 7. Shortbread candle; about $12.
3 CROWN TOOLS
For little girls, baking get-togethers "are great fun," Middleton has said. But, she warns, "they can be messy!" Princess-crown-shaped cookie baking gift set; about $9.
4 PARTY GAME
Growing up, Middleton's favorite party activity was musical statues: "I have always been a keen dancer!" After Dinner trivia; about $20.
All items are available on www.partypieces.co.uk. Minimum shipping cost to the U.S. is $43.
CELEBRATE MUSEUM DAY
Art appreciation is free on Sept. 25, when more than 1,300 museums open their doors at no cost. Fodor's Salwa Jabado picks four must-sees
MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS, BOSTON
With 450,000 works of art, there's no danger of getting bored. "Head to the second floor to check out the Monets," Jabado advises art fans, who can take in the largest collection of the artist's work outside of France-including the famed painting La Japonaise.
SAN DIEGO AIR & SPACE MUSEUM
Located inside the kid-friendly Balboa Park, it's home to the first hot-air balloon, and "cool fighter planes" hang from the rafters. Bonus: At night, "the building looks like a lit-up UFO!"
THE FRANKLIN INSTITUTE, PHILADELPHIA
After admiring the 20-ft. Benjamin Franklin statue, visitors should check out Jabado's other favorite larger-than-life feature: "A two-story model heart you can walk through, as if you were blood flowing through it."
HIGH MUSEUM OF ART, ATLANTA
Along with its current exhibit of Dali's later work, this museum houses an impressive collection of contemporary art within a "really striking modernist building."
For a list of museums participating in the annual event, visit smithsonianmag.com
- CONTRIBUTORS Moira Bailey,
- Liza Hamm,
- Thailan Pham,
- with Anne Driscoll,
- Simon Perry.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!