Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Princess Stephanie Talks About Losing Her Mom, Princess Grace – and How Her Rescue Elephants Helped Her Find Peace
- Read the Cover Story: How Blake Shelton Is Moving On After Split
- VIDEO: Judge Sentences Domestic Violence Victim to Jail for Not Showing Up at Her Alleged Abuser's Trial
- VIDEO: Kendra Wilkinson Admits, 'I Don't Know What I Would Do' If an Intimacy Retreat Can't Fix My Marriage
- InStyle's Virtual Reality Experience Will Blow Your Mind (We Promise)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 20, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 9
HGTV's Candice Olson Design for Life
The Divine Design Judge Shows Her Decorating Prowess with Style That's Right at Home with Her Rambunctious Family
It's a lesson Olson-who hosts HGTV's hit show Divine Design and judges the network's top-rated Design Star-learned the hard way. "There are no more white linen sofas in my house," she says with a laugh. "We have a rule here: Anything below 36 inches has to be brown or black-the color of chocolate or peanut butter!"
Olson prides herself on being able to design within those limitations. She was also able to turn a small business (she began designing private residences and restaurant interiors in 1989) into an empire that includes her own line of products. "We don't have one of those houses where there's a rope that separates the kids' area from the adult area," she says. "There's a happy medium. It's all about fabric choices, accessories."
But Olson admits even she can sometimes get a little overwhelmed trying to reconcile high-minded design and her "big, happy, furry family," especially with the upcoming renovation to their home. Husband Jurij, 39, "is a builder, so he has definite opinions-and he's German, so they are amplified even more!" Olson says. Her kids Pyper, 6, and Beckett, 4, are also keen to call the shots: Pyper wants a balcony, while Beckett has "design theories that revolve around Spider-Man, Iron Man and Batman," she says. "I tell people marriage is a compromise, and so are renovations. I'll try to practice what I preach." In the end, Mom's the expert-even if the kids aren't impressed with her TV-star status. Jokes Olson: "I'm no Hannah Montana!"
October 08, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!