Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Charlie Sheen's Daughters Are All Grown-Up in Smiley Family Photo – See the Sweet Pic!
- Read the Cover Story: Rob Kardashian & Blac Chyna: How I Finally Found Happiness
- WATCH: Taylor Lautner Is 'Basically Female Viagra' in Scream Queens Season 2
- Kourtney Kardashian Supports Sister Kim's Social Media Smackdown on Taylor Swift: 'The Truth Is the Truth'
- WATCH: Rob Lowe Is Self-Deprecating – and Buck Naked – in Roast Promo Parodying His '80s Sex Tape
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 27, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 10
An Aids Survivor Inspires Kids with HIV
Saint Charles, Mo.
Brryan Jackson knows he's lucky to be alive. In 1992 his father, a blood technician, injected Brryan, then 11 months old, with HIV-tainted blood in an alleged attempt to dodge child-support payments. By the age of 5, Brryan had developed full-blown AIDS, leaving the once energetic child weak, unable to walk and close to death. Astonishingly, as Brryan's health improved with antiretroviral medicine, he worked up the courage in 2006 to forgive his father, who's now serving a life sentence in prison. "I needed to move on," says Brryan, who now has an undetectable amount of the virus in his blood. "I wanted to do something with my life."
For six years he's volunteered at Camp Kindle (campkindle.org), a weeklong camp near Omaha, providing comfort-and living proof that HIV is no longer a certain death sentence-to hundreds of HIV-affected kids and their families. The community college student has also lobbied Congress for increased AIDS funding and spoken at dozens of high schools nationwide to reduce the stigma of HIV. "I can see him changing hearts," says Eva Payne, Camp Kindle's founder. Adds Renee Lloyd, 15, whose mom has HIV: "For Brryan to actually rise up from what went on when he was younger is just amazing."
KNOW A HERO? SEND SUGGESTIONS TO HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!