Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Miss Missouri Makes History as First Openly Gay Titleholder
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- 2 Fatalities in Deadly California Wildfire, Gov. Brown Declares State of Emergency
- FROM EW: George Lucas Museum Abandons Chicago Plan, Heads Back to California
- Emma Stone Reveals What Happened When She Played Tennis against Billie Jean King
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 04, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 11
'I DID IN FACT FAIL'
It's like deja vu all over again. Just over a month after spending 13 days in a Lynwood, Calif., jail, Lindsay Lohan may have earned herself a return ticket behind bars. In addition to admitting on Sept. 17 that she failed a recent court-ordered drug test (reportedly for cocaine), she also allegedly tested positive for amphetamines at a second screening. "This was certainly a setback for me," Lohan tweeted. It's a "setback" that could earn her a 30-day sentence. After her early release from UCLA rehab on Aug. 24 (her doctor decided outpatient treatment better suited her), the actress had mostly stayed out of trouble, although pals worried Lohan hadn't learned her lesson. "She has a bad group of friends in New York," a source said of her East Coast partying. "They are bad influences, and that's why she gets into trouble." Even on the West Coast, eyewitnesses say her choices aren't ideal-the night of her confession, Lohan was spotted sipping alcoholic drinks at a Hollywood restaurant. Said an onlooker: "It was like she was thinking, 'I just got caught [doing drugs],' so I might as well have a drink." The new judge in her case, Elden Fox, has issued a bench warrant ordering Lohan to appear in court Sept. 24; he may sentence her to more rehab in lieu of jail. The producers of her upcoming film Inferno are standing by her, saying they're confident she can overcome her addictions. "I am trying hard," she tweeted, but "I am a work in progress, just as anyone else."
CELEBRITIES' ARRESTED DEVELOPMENTS
Celebs squabble, squat and scream their way to trouble
Arrested for battery after fighting with paparazzi at LAX on Sept. 17; due in court Oct. 15. Katy Perry tweeted, "If you cross the line & try and put a lens up my dress, my fiance will do his job & protect me."
RANDY AND EVI QUAID
Arrested after allegedly squatting in-and causing $5,000 worth of damage to-a guest house at a Montecito, Calif., home they once owned.
The Raising Sextuplets reality show dad was charged with domestic violence after he allegedly threatened and cursed at relatives on Sept. 11 in Arizona. Masche is due in court Oct. 7.
Pleaded guilty to cocaine possession Sept. 20 in Las Vegas.
GEORGE & ELISABETTA
MEET THE PARENTS
During a two-day visit to Tresnuraghes (population: 1,200) on the Italian island of Sardinia, George Clooney did everything he could to impress Cesare and Bruna Canalis, girlfriend Elisabetta's papa and mama-including offering to pick up the tab at dinner Sept. 15. "Cesare never lets his guests pay," said Gianluca Del Rio, owner of the restaurant La Rosa dei Venti. Leaving the Canalis home the next day, Clooney posed with a neighbor's baby. When an older woman shouted in Italian, "It's your turn now!" Elisabetta simply smiled.
WILL & KATE LIKE LOCALS
On Sept. 17 Prince William earned his certification as a Search and Rescue copilot. Girlfriend Kate Middleton didn't attend his graduation, but she is a fixture at his rented farmhouse in North Wales. During a recent weekend, she "had time for everybody," and the Prince "joked with a little boy" as they shopped for groceries. Customer Gabbey Brown told Scoop, "You don't expect to meet the royal family in your local [supermarket]!"
BRADLEY & RENEE
MOVE IN TOGETHER!
It's getting serious! Renee Zellweger, 41, and Bradley Cooper, 35, are cozying up in the three-bedroom Pacific Palisades pad Cooper bought last December. With their renovations now complete, Zellweger, who has been decor shopping with Bradley's mom, Gloria, "loves the house," a source tells Scoop.
WHAT A DIFFERENCE TWO DECADES MAKES-OR NOT!-FOR THESE STARS
Kerry Washington and Rachel Zoe stopped by a star-studded dinner at the Darby in New York City Sept. 15 to celebrate Marchesa co-designer Georgina Chapman's new collection. Chapman also has another debut-her nearly 1-month-old daughter with husband Harvey Weinstein. The new mom traded baby stories with Kourtney Kardashian while Jim Carrey chatted with Karolina Kurkova and Kelly Osbourne.
CAUGHT IN THE ACT
• 9/15, N.Y.C.: Jon Hamm and longtime girlfriend Jennifer Westfeldt toasted his October Details cover with SNL pals Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader at DeSantos restaurant. • 9/18, L.A.: The Bachelorette's Ali Fedotowsky celebrated her 26th birthday with fiance Roberto Martinez at Cleo in the Redbury hotel. • 9/14, N.Y.C.: Ciara, Nicky Hilton and Stephanie Pratt hit the opening of Lavo in the Big Apple. • 9/15, N.Y.C.: Kristin Chenoweth checked out Lia Sophia's new collection during Fashion Week. • 9/18, Chicago: Jeremy Piven sipped Grey Goose at the Underground after eating at Sunda. • 9/18, N.Y.C.: Tina Fey hung out with a group of friends at the downstairs bar of Blue Fin. • 9/18, N.Y.C.: John Mayer and a pal had dinner at Dos Caminos, a favorite of his ex Jessica Simpson.
- CONTRIBUTORS Howard Breuer,
- Ken Lee,
- Lesley Messer,
- Aili Nahas,
- Suzanne Zuckerman,
- with Lorenzo Benet,
- Pernilla Cedenheim,
- Liz Corcoran,
- Mark Gray,
- Julie Jordan,
- Simon Perry,
- Praxilla Trabattoni.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!