Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Amy Purdy Weds Longtime Boyfriend Daniel Gale in 'Outdoorsy' Idaho Wedding
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- History-Making Les Misérables Actor Kyle Jean-Baptiste Has Died at 21
- The Return of Miley! A New Video from Taylor! 5 Things We Can Expect to See at the VMAs on Sunday
- Ever Wonder Where the Property Brothers Live?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 11, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 13
Love, Italian Style
They're Going Strong-and He Even Met Her Parents. Is Elisabetta Canalis the One for George Clooney?
If that's not amore, what is? Clooney, 49, and Canalis, 32, an item since meeting through friends in Rome in July 2009, seem surprisingly serious. At a cozy dinner Sept. 21 at Milan's Da Giacomo, "they snuggled up together; he was eating with one hand and had his other arm around her," a restaurant source tells PEOPLE. And a few days earlier, the pair visited Elisabetta's hometown of Tresnuraghes, Sardinia, to meet her family. Clooney got to know the folks over gnocchi and limoncello. "He was a real gentleman-not just with Elisabetta, but with her family," says a source at a hotel where the clan feasted on Sept. 16. "He listened carefully as her relatives told stories in broken English of Elisabetta and her brothers' childhood, and he'd ask Elisabetta to translate."
Is marriage in the cards? "They are a beautiful couple and get on very well," is all one pal will say. But if anyone can turn the ultimate bachelor into uno sposo (that's Italian for groom), it may be Canalis. "George is always looking to see if a woman can make him laugh, and Elisabetta does," says his colleague. "She is the one."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!