Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Amy Poehler Receives Hasty Pudding Award from Harvard
- Read the Cover Story: The Untold Love Story Behind American Sniper
- Justin Bieber Ditches Bleached Hair Look: Are You Loving His New Shade?
- What Would Chris Kyle Really Think of American Sniper?
- Scandal's Bellamy Young: 'We Do Something We've Never Done Before' On Tonight's Episode
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Thursday January 29, 2015 09:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 18, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 14
The Jonas Brothers
LUCKY IN LOVE!
Nick and Joe Jonas are notoriously private about their love lives-at least normally. But they weren't hiding their affection for their dates in London on Oct. 3 when they hit the afterparty for Nick's Les Miserables performance (older brother Kevin and wife Danielle joined them to make it a triple date). Although Nick, 18, played it cool when Scoop asked about his relationship with British costar Samantha Barks, 20 ("I keep that stuff to myself," he says), the pair's body language-they held hands at the bash at indig o2 nightclub-was telling. Meanwhile, a source says Joe-who spent the night kissing girlfriend Ashley Greene between slow dances-has been getting more serious with the Twilight saga star. "Joe loves that she is an independent woman with her own busy career," a source says of the couple, who started dating this summer after Joe split from Demi Lovato. How serious? "He is head over heels for Ashley," another source tells Scoop. "He hasn't been this into a girl in a long time."
GEORGE'S LEADING LADIES
WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
The eternal bachelor (and marriage renouncer) has squired many beauties over the years. But has he finally found a keeper?
After more than a year, Clooney is still smitten with Italian Elisabetta Canalis, 32.
She was his lucky date to the Oscars in '08, but after their yearlong romance ended, Sarah Larson, 31, went back to waitressing, currently at Lavo, in N.Y.C.
TV personality Lisa Snowdon, 38, went on to host Britain's Next Top Model after her five-year on-off relationship with Clooney went off for good in '05.
French former waitress Celine Balitran, 35, and Clooney split in 1999. She went on to star in a reality show titled La Ferme Celebrites.
They divorced in '93, but Clooney's only ex-wife may look familiar. Talia Balsam, 51, plays the jilted spouse of real-life husband John Slattery on Mad Men.
Clooney's former live-in love (she gave him his pet pig Max!) Kelly Preston, 47, is pregnant with her third child with hubby John Travolta.
LINDSAY LOHAN BACK TO REHAB
FIFTH TIME'S THE CHARM?
Within days of being released from jail for violating her parole, the actress, 24, checked into rehab for the fifth time in three years. "What she does matters," a source tells Scoop. This voluntary move may help when she faces sentencing later this month; friends also hope it will help set her straight. "She's ready for some serious changes," says a pal.
GROWING, GOING, GONE!
Some of Hollywood's hottest hunks have been wearing beards. Is it a fashion statement or are they just tired of shaving? Scoop launches a special investigation:
He's been scruffy all fall. The downside: Girlfriend Vanessa Hudgens "finds it very itchy when I kiss her."
Gyllenhaal usually sports a five o'clock shadow, but he debuted a fuller beard in late September.
The Twilight Saga heartthrob, who was looking more werewolf than vampire, has recently shaved.
Finally, a clean face! Blame Don Draper-Hamm seems to skip the razor when he's on filming hiatus.
NEW COUPLE ALERT!
RACHEL McADAMS & MICHAEL SHEEN
After raising eyebrows during a Toronto Film Festival afterparty, Midnight in Paris costars McAdams, 33, and Sheen, 41, stepped out hand-in-hand to check out art exhibits in her Toronto hometown. McAdams had dated actor Josh Lucas, 39; Sheen (who appears as Tina Fey's wannabe boyfriend on 30 Rock) has a daughter, Lily, 11, with ex Kate Beckinsale.
High-cholesterol Kevin! The actor-musician, 52, gets a tribute befitting his name.
It took three months for artist Mike Lahue to make a bust of the actor out of-you guessed it-bacon! The 14.25-in. Bacon Kevin Bacon sculpture on eBay will be auctioned Oct. 9 to support Ashley's Team, a charity that provides support to families of kids with cancer.
A LIVING DOLL!
Justin Bieber fever has hit a new pitch with the news that the 16-year-old Canadian singer will have his own line of action figures. All five dolls have his signature mop-top hairstyle, but each has a different outfit (concert garb and just-chillin'-with his-peeps threads), and two of the figures play clips of his hits "Baby" and "One Less Lonely Girl." Retailing for $17.99-$27.99, the mini Biebs will be in stores early December.
REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW JERSEY
UP FOR SALE
Teresa Giudice's personal possessions are off the block, the formal auction block that is. The reality star, 38, will now sell her items in a private sale. Meanwhile, Danielle Staub, 48, is still trying to unload her $1.495 million home. But according to reports, the asking price has been reduced by $400,000 and is now listed as a "court ordered sale."
Who Should Play Capt. Sully?
Nearly two years after Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger III landed US Airways Flight 1549 on the Hudson River, Hollywood is taking the miraculous story-based on his autobiography Highest Duty: My Search for What Really Matters-to the big screen. Our online poll shows that William H. Macy, 60, would do the "Miracle on the Hudson" pilot proud.
WILLIAM H. MACY
ALI LARTER'S BABY SHOWER!
The Resident Evil star celebrated her baby-on-board (they call him Baby Mac) with a shower Oct. 2 in L.A. Larter's hubby, Hayes MacArthur, made a post-golf-game cameo, and family flew in from the East Coast. "I didn't want anything too stuffy," she told Scoop. "It was perfect!"
CAUGHT IN THE ACT
• 9/29, Paris: Taylor Swift and Rachel Bilson became fashionable friends at the 40th anniversary bash for Roberto Cavalli.
• 9/27, N.Y.C.: Mary-Louise Parker and new beau musician Charlie Mars got cozy at an intimate show by Liza Minnelli at Gramercy Park Hotel's Rose Bar Sessions.
• 10/2, Las Vegas: Avril Lavigne celebrated her 26th b-day (sans boyfriend Brody Jenner) at MGM's Wet Republic pool.
• 9/30, L.A.: Sisters Paris and Nicky Hilton stuck together at the ARCADE Boutique and Children's Institute Autumn Party at the London Hotel.
• 10/1, L.A.: Hills pals Lauren Conrad and Lo Bosworth enjoyed a night out at Teen Vogue's annual Young Hollywood party.
• 10/1, L.A.: Scarlett Johansson and hubby Ryan Reynolds shared a bottle of red and lobster pot pie at sbe's XIV restaurant.
• 10/2, Las Vegas: Glee's Mark Salling (inset) didn't let rain stop his party at TAO Beach. Salling celebrated his album Pipe Dreams, which also raises awareness for the American Red Cross. The next day his costar Heather Morris attended the Glee-hosted Rape Treatment Center Fund-Raiser in Beverly Hills.
- CONTRIBUTORS Johnny Dodd,
- Jennifer Garcia,
- Oliver Jones,
- Marisa Laudadio,
- Mia McNiece,
- Aili Nahas,
- Gail Nussbaum,
- Ramin Setoodeh,
- with Howard Breuer,
- Pernilla Cedenheim,
- Mark Gray,
- Monique Jessen.
January 29, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!