Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,186 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Why People Loved Can't Buy Me Love's Cindy Mancini
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Move Over, Justin Bieber. Chrissy Teigen Shares Pic of John Legend's Bare Butt
- Ben Affleck Spotted with Tattoo on His Back Post-Split
- Joni Mitchell 'Has Made Remarkable Progress' After Stroke, Conservatorship Expected to Continue
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 25, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 15
MY MOM'S PUMPKIN ROLL
The Glee star and Broadway veteran shares a fall dessert recipe that evokes memories of her Oklahoma childhood
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. lemon juice
¾ cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. salt
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 cup powdered sugar
4 tbsp. margarine or butter
6 oz. cream cheese
½ tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375.
Grease and flour 15- × 10- × 2-in. jelly roll pan. Line pan with wax paper.
2. Beat eggs at high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually add sugar. Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice.
3. Fold sifted ingredients into pumpkin mixture. Spread batter in pan and sprinkle with pecans. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven. Let cake sit in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out on a clean tea towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Peel off wax paper. While cake is still warm, roll up in towel, lengthwise.
4. Beat filling ingredients until smooth. When cake is cool, unroll and spread with filling. Reroll (without towel), cover with plastic wrap and chill at least one hour.
Chenoweth is currently starring in the Broadway musical Promises, Promises.
MELISSA JOAN HART'S
FAVORITE CANDY TREATS
The TV star-and sweets shop owner-on the goodies to dish out this Halloween
"Halloween is fun," says Hart, 34, who's mom to sons Mason, 4, and Braydon, 2, and the owner of SweetHarts candy store in Sherman Oaks, Calif. "You get to eat a lot of junk!" Here are some of her current sugary faves.
"My son Mason loves fish kabobs-they're gummy fish lollipops"
"There's a great candy called Grillz. They're really funny looking and tasty, and they are so in right now"
"I love ring pops because they have two purposes. It's so cool to wear them-you can get dolled up in candy"
"You have to have candy corn or it's just not right. On Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, we did a Halloween episode and had tons of candy corn dumped on our set"
SyFy's Ghost Hunters Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson pick spots for a spooky night's stay
1886 CRESCENT HOTEL & SPA
Location: Eureka Springs, Ark.
Ghost report: The building was once owned by a quack doctor who experimented on patients in the basement. "While investigating, we saw a man who looked like a soldier on our imaging camera," says Hawes. Info: crescenthotel.com
OTESAGA RESORT HOTEL
Location: Cooperstown, N.Y.
Ghost report: After numerous tales of paranormal activity from hotel guests, the SyFy duo checked it out for themselves. "We heard people dragging furniture on the floor above us," says Wilson. "But there was no floor above us, just the roof."
OMNI MOUNT WASHINGTON RESORT
Location: Bretton Woods, N.H.
Ghost report: Guests claim the resort is haunted by the woman who owned it in the early 1900s. "There's all sorts of activity in her room," says Wilson. "We caught her voice on a digital recorder, talking back to us."
Location: Estes Park, Colo.
Ghost report: This is the hotel that inspired Stephen King to write The Shining. "People claim they hear the sound of children running," says Hawes. "We did an investigation and saw a glass in my room shattering and a closet door opening and closing."
- CONTRIBUTORS Liza Hamm,
- Liz McNeil,
- Thailan Pham,
- with reporting by Ulrica Wihlborg.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!