Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM TIME: Miley Cyrus Says Indiana's Religious Freedom Law Supporters 'Are Dinosaurs, and They Are Dying Off'
- The Best Photos from the Week of Mar. 23- Mar. 29, 2015
- Angelina Jolie on Overcoming Difficulty: 'What Does Not Kill You Makes You Stronger'
- New Couple Alert! Ryan Adams Is Dating Amber Heard's Sister
- NYPD Detective Filmed Berating Uber Driver (VIDEO)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 25, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 15
AN AMERICAN IDOL WEDS
Crystal Bowersox and singer-songwriter Brian Walker are making sweet music together: This year's Idol runner-up married Walker on 10/10/10 in front of 60 guests, including her son Tony, 1 (from an earlier relationship), at Chicago's Uncommon Ground cafe, where the couple met six years ago at an open-mic night. "Our lives have never made more sense than they do right now," Bowersox, 25, told Scoop. The singer, who is recording her debut album, wore a hemp-and-cotton gown with seashell detailing by Vermont designer Tara Lynn and performed a duet with her husband for family and pals at the reception. Says the bride: "Let the jam-fest begin!"
JOHNNY DEPP & THE MINI MUTINY
Johnny Depp took a break from filming Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides at a former British naval college to surprise Beatrice Delap, 9, at her Southeast London school. "We're having trouble mutinying against the teachers," she had written to his character Captain Jack Sparrow. "We'd love it if you could come and help." Depp, 47, showed up with some pirate-clad cronies and told Delap to ditch her mutiny plans, adding that he's going to keep and "frame" her letter.
KAT VON D TO JESSE JAMES
MOVE BACK TO L.A.!
Kat Von D may be earning frequent-flier miles, but sources say she's losing her patience. Von D, 28, is asking Jesse James, 41, to ditch his new Austin, Texas, digs and return to L.A. "Kat wants to spend more time with Jesse and doesn't like their weekend fly-back-and-forth relationship," says a source. She may just get her wish. James-who relocated so that his kids can be closer to their stepmom, Sandra Bullock-"seems to realize the Austin move was a mistake," says a source. "He is open to moving back."
Taking the pulse of celebrity love lives
HALLE BERRY & OLIVIER MARTINEZ
After meeting on the South Africa set of Dark Tide this summer and reuniting in Paris last month, Berry and Martinez, who are both 44, are continuing their international romance with Martinez's recent trip to L.A. After his arrival on Oct. 6, the couple shared a cozy weekend, with a visit to an art gallery (where Martinez introduced Berry to his friends) and some family bonding-the French actor spent time with Berry's daughter Nahla, 2, and met her beloved mom, Judith. Says a source: They're "getting serious."
ROBERT PATTINSON & KRISTIN STEWART
The famously press-shy couple were separated while Stewart, 20, shot On the Road. They recently reunited in L.A. with several cozy dates. Pattinson, 24, and his leading lady will head to New Orleans this month to shoot the fourth Twilight Saga flick, Breaking Dawn.
LAURA DERN & BEN HARPER
Just three weeks after traveling to Hawaii together for the wedding of pal Eddie Vedder, Harper, 40, filed for divorce from Dern, 43, his wife of nearly five years. They have two children together, Ellery, 9, and Jaya, 5.
RUMER WILLIS & CHORD OVERSTREET
Who knew Rumer Willis was a Gleek? Shortly after splitting from her actor beau Micah Alberti, Willis, 22, attended a Seth MacFarlane party in L.A. with new Glee star Overstreet. An onlooker noted, "They were flirty and even shared a few kisses."
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
MATT DAMON AND OTHER STARS REALLY LOVE THEIR KIDS-BUT ARE THEY READY TO CALL IT QUITS...
"YEAH, YEAH, YEAH ... I HOPE SO!"
-Matt Damon (with wife Luciana in New York on Oct. 10), when asked if baby No. 4 will be their last
"Four children is a big family," said Heidi Klum in May. "We're complete."
"Jason [Hoppy, her husband] wants another baby, and I don't," said Bethenny Frankel, mom to Bryn, 5 months, in August.
Model Claudia Schiffer said in September: "I just had my third child in May, and I am...not going to have anymore."
"I don't know how [another baby] would happen, because I'm avoiding my husband," joked mom of three Elisabeth Hasslebeck in October '09.
HIS ROAD TO RECOVERY
After a grueling eight weeks of chemotherapy and radiation, Michael Douglas has finished treatment for a walnut-size tumor at the base of his tongue. Douglas, 66, is "really happy" that he's through having radiation five times a week and chemo every three weeks, says his rep Allen Burry (the regimen can make it difficult for patients to swallow and eat). "Doctors are pleased" with how Douglas responded, adds Burry. While it's still too soon to say whether the actor is cancer-free, at this point no further treatments are scheduled.
NICK TURNS 30!
Mariah Carey threw hubby Nick Cannon a lavish dinner party Oct. 8 at New York City's Lavo restaurant for 200 guests including Ne-Yo and SNL's Jay Pharoah. Carey, 41, also surprised Cannon with a special video montage of birthday wishes from family and friends. "It was his night," she said.
CAUGHT IN THE ACT
• 10/9, L.A.: Cat Deeley made it girls' night with Rashida Jones at the Night Vision Presents an Evening Affair with Seth MacFarlane.
• 10/2, L.A.: Armani Exchange enlisted 90210's AnnaLynne McCord as the brand's first StyleBRITY.
• 10/6, N.Y.C.: Chris Brown wowed the crowd dancing to every song and singing his own rendition of Kanye West's "Runaway" at the 106 & Park 10-year-anniversary party at Marquee.
• 10/8, L.A.: Big Love's Chloe Sevigny, Ginnifer Goodwin and Jeanne Tripplehorn stuck together at the sixth annual GLSEN Respect Awards.
• 10/9, East Hampton, N.Y.: Emma Roberts attended a dinner celebrating the Hamptons International Film Festival screening of Blue Valentine.
• 10/6, L.A.: Kate Bosworth and Alexander Skarsgard shared a flirty kiss at the Broken Bells concert at the Wiltern Theater.
• 10/7, N.Y.C.: Hoda Kotb chatted affectionately about her Today show cohost Kathie Lee Gifford at the Pink Wishbone Project party at Barneys New York.
• 10/8, Miami: 30 Rock's Katrina Bowden celebrated her 22nd birthday a few weeks late at LIV nightclub at the Fontainebleau Hotel.
• 10/10, L.A.: Emmy Rossum hung at the Haunted Hayride premiere night supporting the Save Japan Dolphins Campaign.
- CONTRIBUTORS Howard Breuer,
- Carlos Greer,
- Jennifer Garcia,
- Marisa Laudadio,
- Mia McNiece,
- Aili Nahas,
- with Pernilla Cedenheim,
- Mark Gray,
- Liz McNeil,
- Simon Perry,
- Jeffrey Slonim,
- Jessica Wedemeyer.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!