Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Royal Baby Watch: Who's Who at the Hospital
- Read the Cover Story: Jill and Derick Dillard Share Their Baby Boy's Dramatic Arrival
- Chelsea Handler Shows Off Her 'Harry' Bottoms with Harry Styles (PHOTO)
- Kylie Jenner Rocks a Bikini (and New Wig) for Another Trip to Coachella (PHOTOS)
- Erin Andrews's Boyfriend, NHL Player Jarret Stoll, Arrested for Drugs: Reports
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 25, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 15
David Schwimmer, 43, secretly married his British girlfriend, part-time photographer Zoe Buckman, 25, this past June, his rep confirmed. The couple met in 2007 when Buckman, then a waitress at London's Cuckoo Club, served the Friends actor.
• Brothers & Sisters star Dave Annable, 31, and You Again actress Odette Yustman, 25, were married Oct. 10 in an outdoor ceremony in Ojai, Calif. The bride wore a strapless gown and 40 carats of diamond jewelry by Neil Lane. The couple had been engaged since February.
Solomon Burke, 70 (inset), a powerhouse singer and pioneering songwriter who was dubbed the King of Rock and Soul, died of natural causes on Oct. 10 at Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam. Burke, an evangelist and mortician who was still touring all over the world-often in full royal attire-drew on influences from gospel, country and R&B to create songs that influenced generations of musicians. His three marriages produced 21 children and 90 grandchildren.
• Joan Sutherland, 83, one of the greatest opera singers of all time, died on Oct. 10 near Montreux, Switzerland, after a long illness. Celebrated for the wide range of roles she mastered over a four-decade career, Sutherland was called "the voice of the century" by the late Luciano Pavarotti.
A Michigan couple who tried to extort $680,000 from John Stamos, 47, were each sentenced to four years in prison on Oct. 8. Allison Coss, 24, and Scott Sippola, 31, were convicted in July of threatening to sell the tabloids compromising photos of the Glee actor with strippers and drugs. The FBI said the pictures did not exist. • After a two-year trial, a former matron at Oprah Winfrey's Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa has been cleared of charges that she abused students there. Prosecutors had accused Tiny Virginia Makopo of improperly touching several girls at the academy soon after it opened outside Johannesburg in 2007.
DORA EXPLORES HER LEGAL OPTIONS Caitlin Sanchez, 14, who voiced the title character in Dora the Explorer on the Nickelodeon children's series from 2007 to 2010, is suing the network over her contract. Sanchez and her parents claim they were given 22 minutes to review the complicated legal document in 2007 or else she would lose the role, that she wasn't paid for hundreds of hours of marketing services, and that she was forced to fly around the country promoting the show for "a meager travel stipend of $40 a day." Sanchez's lawyer alleges she was cheated out of "perhaps tens of millions" of dollars. A Nickelodeon rep called the suit "baseless" and says Sanchez lost the role when "her voice changed and she was no longer able to portray Dora."
April 18, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!