- Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith Reunite To Watch Daughter Dakota Host Saturday Night Live
- Little Girl with Tumor Has One Final Wish – to Dance with Taylor Swift
- Sofia Vergara Sees You Staring at Joe Manganiello – and She Loves It
- William Shatner Can't Attend Leonard Nimoy's Funeral: 'I Feel Really Awful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- November 01, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 16
The Today show host makes this on Saturdays for his family
FAMILY STYLE CHILI
Makes 12 cups
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 lbs. chuck steak cubed
1 lb. crumbled hot Italian sausage
2 large onions, diced
12 cloves garlic, diced
1 tbsp. cumin
1 tbsp. paprika
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
½ cup water
1 15 oz. can of pinto beans
1 15 oz. can of Northern beans
1 15 oz. can dark kidney beans
Garnishes: Chopped scallions, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese.
1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. Brown steak and sausage for 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Reserve 2 tbsp. fat from meat and discard the rest.
3. Saute the onions and garlic in the reserved fat until translucent, 8 minutes.
4. Add the cumin, paprika and chili powder, and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, water, sausage and beef, stir and simmer for 90 minutes.
5. Add beans (after they've been rinsed and drained) to pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Pour in bowls, add garnishes and serve.
Roker also hosts My Life in Food on Cooking Channel.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!