Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,185 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kim Kardashian Takes the Fourth of July to a Whole New Level with Her Patriotic Outfit
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Billy Joel Marries Alexis Roderick in Surprise Wedding
- Vanessa Williams Ties the Knot with Jim Skrip
- They're Ready for Love: Plain White T's Tim Lopez Weds Jenna Reeves
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 22, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 19
A PERFECT DESSERT FOR FALL
The British chef shares one of her favorite seasonal treats
CARAMEL CROISSANT PUDDING
2 stale croissants
½ cup sugar
2 tbsp. water
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup whole milk
2 tbsp. bourbon
2 large eggs, beaten
1. Heat the oven to 350.
2. Tear croissants into pieces and place them in a small gratin dish that holds about two cups.
3. Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and swirl around to help dissolve the sugar before placing the saucepan on a burner over medium to high heat.
4. Caramelize the mixture by letting it boil for 3 to 5 minutes or until it turns a deep amber color.
5. Reduce the heat to low, add the cream and, while whisking, add the milk and bourbon. Any solid toffee that forms in the pan will dissolve easily if you keep whisking over low heat. Take the pan off the heat and, still whisking, add the beaten eggs until it forms a custard.
6. Pour the custard over the croissants, and-if the croissants are extremely stale-let the pudding stand for 10 minutes to steep.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve.
Lawson's recipe is in the Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival Cookbook by Lee Schrager, in stores now.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!