Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Dancing With The Stars Listen up! Usain Bolt Wants in
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- American Horror Story's Denis O'Hare: Even the Actors Are Surprised by the Show
- Princess Kate and Prince William Get Gifted Pint-Sized Life Vests for Prince George and Princess Charlotte
- WATCH: Wendy Williams Sounds Off on Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 29, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 20
A NEW TWIST ON PORK CHOPS
The TV chef-and girlfriend of New York's new governor-elect, Andrew Cuomo-shares a family dinner favorite
PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES AND WINTER SQUASH
4 boneless pork chops, cut about ¾-in. thick, trimmed
1 tbsp. grill seasoning
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 box (12 oz.) frozen winter squash, thawed
1 can (10.75 oz.) condensed cream of celery soup
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
¾ cup apple cider
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 large tart apple, peeled, seeded and sliced
1. Season chops with grill seasoning.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; when hot, add the oil. Add chops and brown about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chops to plate.
3. Add onions to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until they begin to soften, stirring often. Add the squash. Cover and cook for 3-8 minutes or until barely heated through, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in the condensed soup, broth, cider and mustard. Add the thyme, rubbing it between your fingers as you add it to the pan. Return pork chops to pan and top with apples. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Serve over rice.
Adapted from Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade: The Complete Cookbook, available now.
TEA GETS HOT!
From Lady Gaga to Donald Trump, stars are creating a brew-ha-ha over the beverage
"The tea ritual is a fashionable way for people to get together, and of course it's not as fattening as a big lunch," says the Top Chef host, who developed her own brand of teas and tea accessories. Easy Exotic by Padma Lakshmi Aladdin Teapot with Blooming Teas, $34.95; hsn.com
"There is a level of sophistication associated with tea and tea drinkers," says Trump, who recently launched a luxe tea line. "It's no surprise that the trend is exploding right now." Trump Tea, $12.95 per tin; trumptea.com
SPICED BOURBON TEA
The Chopped host's recipe for a "subtle, exotic" tea cocktail
1 tea bag, Earl Gray or black tea
2 star anise pods
5 cardamom pods
2 oz. Maker's Mark or other high-quality bourbon
1 oz. simple syrup
1 orange slice
1. Place tea bag and spices in a large mug. Fill with 6 ounces of boiling water. Steep for 3-5 minutes, then remove tea bag.
2. Leave spices for another 10 minutes. Remove spices.
3. Add bourbon and simple syrup. Stir lightly. Garnish with orange slice.
TEA IN THE NEWS
• LADY GAGA: In her dressing-room rider (posted on thesmokinggun.com) the singer has a "very important" backstage request: organic ginger-and-lemongrass tea.
• Tweeted MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY: "Got my family and friends hooked on Dr. Teas [tea]." Inside scoop: His roommate owns the company.
• On Nov. 5 GERARD BUTLER and COURTNEY LOVE got into a bidding war over tea with ADRIEN BRODY during a charity auction at NYC restaurant Millesime.
The owners of Wonderland-esque Alice's Tea Cup in N.Y.C., where Suri Cruise and mom Katie Holmes are regulars, recently released the Alice's Tea Cup cookbook. $24; amazon.com
Born and bred in Georgia, the Sugarland singer shares her top hometown haunts
1. KUDZU ANTIQUES
"I like to go 'junking,' but it's not really fair to call what they have junk. They have lots and lots of treasures!" Info: kudzuantiques.com
2. THE ATLANTA CUPCAKE FACTORY
"My favorite is the Chocolate El Diablo. It has cayenne pepper in it. I love it-it's hot and sweet!" Info: theatlantacupcakefactory.com
3. EDDIE'S ATTIC
"It's a great place to hear music. It's actually where Kristian [Bush, her bandmate] and I got our start." Info: eddiesattic.com
NEW YEAR'S EVE IN TIMES SQUARE!
AKA, the home of luxury extended-stay apartments, is offering PEOPLE readers an exclusive opportunity to "Live Like a Star" this New Year's Eve! One winner will receive a three-night stay for two in the penthouse suite of AKA's Times Square location, from Dec. 30 to Jan. 2, and two tickets to a Broadway show-an $11,000 value. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. (EST) on Nov. 17, 2010, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (EST) on Dec. 22, 2010. AKA is solely responsible for the administration of this promotion.
For official rules and to enter, go to stayaka.com/people
- CONTRIBUTORS Liza Hamm,
- Thailan Pham,
- Suzanne Zuckerman,
- with Antoinette Y. Coulton,
- Kay West.
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!