Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: See Joanna Krupa's Egg-Retrieval Procedure
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- It's Another Girl for Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell!
- Which Former Boy Band Member Will Compete on The Amazing Race?
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday December 20, 2014 12:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 29, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 20
Ask the Expert: Ken Paves
The Superstylist to Stars Like Eva Longoria Parker and Victoria Beckham Solves Your Hair Woes!
Do you have any tips on how to add volume to fine hair?
-ALLISON CALDWELL, Alabama
"YES! First, look for a sulfate-free shampoo that won't weigh hair down. Next, use a texturizing spray on air-dried hair: This will enhance your natural texture while giving it some body. Lastly, you can always turn to extensions, which add overall volume by simply clipping in some pieces!"
1. KISS MY FACE Whenever Shampoo, $7.99; kissmyface.com
2. PRE GAME Texturizing Spray, $22; abeautifullife.com
WORTH THE SPLURGE!
LEONOR GREYL Masque Quintessence, $137; leonorgreylusa.com
What is the safest way to straighten my medium-curly hair with minimal damage?
-VERONICA ESPARZA, California
"TO KEEP CURLS HEALTHY when styled straight, apply a deep-conditioning masque for 15-20 minutes in the shower. The steam will penetrate strands more thoroughly. If you are going to use a blow-dryer, let hair air dry more than halfway, so there's less heat directed onto your hair."
PERFECT YOUR BLOWOUT
I love the way my long layers look after a blowout. How can I get the look at home?
-JENNIFER HOLTEN, Texas
"DEFINITELY USE VELCRO ROLLERS! Add a few rollers to semi-dried hair around the face and at the crown to achieve the salon look. This will also smooth your waves out without tiring your arms, the way using a blow-dryer would."
Self-Holding Salon Rollers, $3.50; Ray Beauty Supply, 800-253-0993
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!