Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Do Bobbi Kristina's Social Media Accounts Hold Clues About What Happened?
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Meet the Woman Who Sewed Footballs for the Super Bowl for Nearly 50 Years
- Living Out Loud! Broadway Legend Joel Grey
- SpongeBob Watches … Breaking Bad?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday February 01, 2015 08:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 06, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 21
Scott Hamilton: My Brain Surgery Ordeal
After a Life-Threatening Complication, the Former Skating Champ Is on the Mend
Medical crises are nothing new for Hamilton, 52, who has overcome testicular cancer and a pituitary gland tumor. But faced this past June with the aneurysm, he wondered whether he would be around to raise sons Aidan, 7, and Maxx, 2, with his wife, Tracie. "I was always Mr. Optimism," says Hamilton, "but I was knocked down."
Five months later he's back on his feet, making breakfast for the boys and driving Aidan to school. A noninvasive procedure at the Cleveland Clinic removed the aneurysm, but it came with a price: As part of a known risk of the surgery, he's lost two-thirds of the vision in his right eye. Not one to sulk-"I have an excuse for my golf game"-he recently raised $1.1 million for cancer research at his Scott Hamilton CARES Initiative fund-raiser and vows he'll get back on the ice. Says Tracie: "He's cut from a different mold."
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!