Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Matilda Child Star Mara Wilson Battled OCD and Depression – and More Revelations from Her Emotional Memoir
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Frances Bean Cobain's Estranged Husband Demands $300,000 Annual Spousal Support as Source Says He's 'Trying His Luck'
- Kim Kardashian Pushes Swimwear Boundaries by Not Wearing Swimwear at All
- Kim Kardashian #TBTs the 2009 VMAs…But We Helped Her Out By Rounding Up the Rest
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 06, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 21
Scott Hamilton: My Brain Surgery Ordeal
After a Life-Threatening Complication, the Former Skating Champ Is on the Mend
Medical crises are nothing new for Hamilton, 52, who has overcome testicular cancer and a pituitary gland tumor. But faced this past June with the aneurysm, he wondered whether he would be around to raise sons Aidan, 7, and Maxx, 2, with his wife, Tracie. "I was always Mr. Optimism," says Hamilton, "but I was knocked down."
Five months later he's back on his feet, making breakfast for the boys and driving Aidan to school. A noninvasive procedure at the Cleveland Clinic removed the aneurysm, but it came with a price: As part of a known risk of the surgery, he's lost two-thirds of the vision in his right eye. Not one to sulk-"I have an excuse for my golf game"-he recently raised $1.1 million for cancer research at his Scott Hamilton CARES Initiative fund-raiser and vows he'll get back on the ice. Says Tracie: "He's cut from a different mold."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!