Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kanye West's NSFW 'Famous' Music Video Features a Topless Taylor Swift Sculpture: 'Special Thanks for Being Famous'
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- It's a Girl! Audrina Patridge Welcomes Daughter Kirra Max
- Restaurant Owner Fires His Son After Customer Is Called 'Fatty' on Receipt
- Mother of Accused Slenderman Stabber Expresses Concern Over Daughter's Future After Teen's Mental Illness Stabilizes: 'With Lucidity Comes Awareness'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 06, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 21
Jason Ritter: His Time to Shine
The Son of Late Actor John Ritter Emerges as a TV Action Star in The Event
Now, at age 30, Ritter says some things still haven't changed. "Your fears never go away," he says. "You just get more comfortable ignoring them." For years Ritter also did his best to ignore his father's iconic comedic status, staying far from his dad's Three's Company fame. "I didn't want any attention," he says. Ritter grieved the loss of his father, John, who died suddenly in 2003 from an aortic dissection-"You're sort of forced to move forward in a direction no one wants to.... I try not to think to myself of what could have been," he said recently about the loss. Grappling with the tragedy while pursuing his own career, "I was so terrified of doing comedy, [it] messed me up in a lot of auditions," Ritter says of the expectations attached to his last name.
Finally, spurred on by advice he had received from John-"My dad was really good at finding opportunities [to be funny] between the lines," he says-Ritter landed the 2006 sitcom The Class. His wackier side is no secret to those close to him. Growing up in L.A., when guest musicians visited his high school, "Jason would break-dance like a maniac in front of 400 judgmental teenagers," recalls his longtime pal, Big Bang Theory actor Simon Helberg. "All the girls were fawning."
Now, living with his girlfriend of the past 11 years, writer-director Marianna Palka, Ritter can enjoy a rare sense of stability thanks to the success of The Event. But he's ready for whatever curveballs come next. "I like being challenged," Ritter says. "That's the only way you grow."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!