Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gabby Douglas Gives Fans a Health Update After Removing Cyst in Her Mouth: 'Feeling Much Better Now!'
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Dolly Parton on How She's Helped Her Gay Family Members Come Out: 'You Don't Need to Live Your Life in Darkness'
- Donald Trump Confirms Trip to Mexico to Meet with President Enrique Peña Nieto
- Inside Gene Wilder's Final Days and Private Health Battle
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 06, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 21
ASIAN NOODLE SALAD
The CSI: Miami star-and expectant mom-still loves to whip up this dish she made during her college days
ASIAN NOODLE SALAD
½ cup sliced almonds
8 tbsp. sesame seeds
7 tbsp. rice vinegar
4 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
½ cup canola oil
1 16-oz. bag coleslaw mix
2 packages Ramen noodles, broken up (throw seasoning away)
1. In a skillet over medium low to medium heat, toast almonds and sesame seeds until light brown.
2. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Whisk in oil.
3. In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix and Ramen noodles. Add contents of small bowl and mix well. Toss in the almonds and seeds just before serving.
Procter's show CSI: Miami airs on Sunday nights on CBS.
Kevin Sbraga: TOP CHEF WINNER'S ROAST CHICKEN
The show's reigning champ shares his secret to making a perfect comfort dish
SIMPLY ROASTED CHICKEN
1 4-lb. chicken, whole
8 oz. butter (1 stick), at room temperature
1 head garlic, peeled and minced
1 tbsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
1 tbsp. fresh thyme
Zest of 3 lemons
Zest of 1 orange
1 tsp. ground coriander
1½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1. Rinse chicken and allow to air dry for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oven to 300.
3. Place butter in a mixing bowl. Beat in garlic, sesame oil, chives, thyme, lemon zest, orange zest, coriander, salt and pepper.
4. Coat the entire chicken with the butter mixture, including the cavity and under the skin.
5. Place the bird in a casserole or roasting pan, and roast covered for 1 hour. Uncover pan and roast for 1 hour more or until the bird reaches an internal temperature of 165.
6. Turn the oven up to 400, and continue roasting until chicken skin is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
7. Remove chicken from oven and let rest on a wooden board for 10 minutes before carving.
Top Chef's new season Top Chef All-Stars premieres on Bravo Dec. 1.
Kaitlin Olson: INSIDE MY HOME
The star of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia shows off her laid-back style
Get the Look
A zebra-print rug "glams things up but also adds softness," says Olson's interior designer Kishani Perera. Safari Collection Handmade Wool Zebra-Print Black Rug, $99-$462; rugsusa.com
KEEP IT CASUAL
"You can put your feet up on it," says Olson of the joys of having a coffee table ottoman. "You never have to take your shoes off in our house." Tufted Leather Square Coffee Table, $329; homedecorators.com
Small Silver Mercury Glass Vase, $10; lunabazaar.com
A TOUCH OF GLASS
"The reflection of glass into the mirrored tray is so pretty," says Olson. "It's so simple! Do that instead of flowers, right in the middle of a table."
Ice Mercury Glass Votive, $5; westelm.com
- CONTRIBUTORS Liza Hamm,
- Suzanne Zuckerman.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!