Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kanye West's NSFW 'Famous' Music Video Features a Topless Taylor Swift Sculpture: 'Special Thanks for Being Famous'
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- It's a Girl! Audrina Patridge Welcomes Daughter Kirra Max
- Restaurant Owner Fires His Son After Customer Is Called 'Fatty' on Receipt
- Mother of Accused Slenderman Stabber Expresses Concern Over Daughter's Future After Teen's Mental Illness Stabilizes: 'With Lucidity Comes Awareness'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 06, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 21
Jessica & Eric's
With her man on her arm and her ruby sparkler on her finger, Jessica Simpson attended a low-key get-together Nov. 18 at her parents' Encino, Calif., home to celebrate her engagement to former NFL player Eric Johnson, 31. "She had a great time," says a source. "She was so excited to share her news with her family and friends and show them the ring!" As guests dined on pizza from La Loggia Italian Bistro, host Joe Simpson toasted the happy couple, and Simpson, 30, chatted with her sister Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and brother-in-law Pete Wentz. "They really bring out the best in each other," Simpson-Wentz tells Scoop. "It's beautiful." And while the likely maid of honor says her sister, who just released a Christmas album, hasn't begun planning the wedding, one friend says to expect to see her walking down the aisle sooner rather than later. It won't be a Christmas wedding, says the pal, but "it won't be Nov. 11, 2011," either. "They don't want to wait!"
DEMI LOVATO HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS?
The troubled Disney Channel star is facing a prospect few teenagers would be happy with: Thanksgiving far from home. But that doesn't mean Lovato, 18, currently undergoing treatment for what her rep calls "physical and emotional issues," won't be with the people she loves most. Mom Dianna, stepfather Eddie and sister Dallas, 22, plan to spend Turkey Day at the in-patient therapy center. (Younger sister Madison, 8, won't be making the trek.) Why come to her? Put simply, her job there isn't done. "Demi has made tremendous progress," says her rep. "But [she] understands that she has more work to do."
DAVID GONE WILD!
Late nights! Wacky antics! Six weeks after his split from Courteney Cox Arquette, David Arquette is painting the town. Is it just the single life? Or something else?
The normally kooky David Arquette, 39, has been exhibiting bizarre behavior, even for him: He danced shirtless at the Voyeur nightclub in L.A. on Nov. 18 and fell into the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel's pool at a party on Nov. 5. Says a pal: "He's hurting, and his answer is to have fun and avoid dealing with his problems." His actions have some of Arquette's friends worried. Adds his friend: "He's acting out of control."
TIGER & ELIN ONE YEAR LATER
For a guy who was never much of a talker, Tiger Woods seems to be changing his game. A year after the Nov. 27 car crash that led to the implosion of his personal life, Woods, 34, is now tweeting to his fans ("Thanks for all the love," reads one post) and recently told ESPN radio, "I feel so much better now." In fact Woods, who's about to move into his new Jupiter Island, Fla., mansion, says he's "infinitely" more happy these days. As for his ex-wife, Elin Nordegren, 30, who's preparing for the holidays with the kids, a friend says, "She's healing. She's making a new life for herself."
Rihanna's new red locks remind us of these other singing stars and their rainbow-array of daring dos:
Rihanna lets her long red hair down.
Lil' Kim spices things up in orange.
Lady Gaga enhances her blonde.
Nicki Minaj goes green in a bold wig.
M.I.A. rocks out in a bright blue bob.
Katy Perry looks bubble-gum chic.
Lily Allen is a purple pop star.
THEY'RE NOT QUITE AS FAMOUS-BUT IS THIS PROOF THERE'S AN ACTING GENE?
Lisa Roberts Gillan, 45, has appeared in seven films with little sister Julia, 43.
Zac Efron, 23, brought along little brother Dylan, 18, to an event in Hawaii this summer.
Lex had a cameo on Gossip Girl with big sister Leighton Meester, 24.
James Franco's doppelganger brother Dave, 25, followed the star, 32, into acting with roles on Scrubs and Greek and in Superbad.
NOT SIBLINGS, BUT THEY COULD BE!
Johnny Depp in The Tourist and Dot Jones from Glee share a steely gaze.
Dancing songstress Julianne Hough has an animated twin: Belle from Beauty and the Beast.
THE PALIN FACEBOOK FALLOUT
TWO PALIN SISTERS APOLOGIZE FOR USING EXPLETIVES WHILE DEFENDING THEIR MOM'S REALITY-TV SHOW
Bristol Palin's unlikely advance to the Dancing with the Stars finals wasn't the only hot-button controversy last week for the famously single mom: Bristol, 20, cursed out a Facebook user named Tre on the social-networking site, saying he was "talking s*** cause you have nothing else going for you" after he posted that mom Sarah Palin's TV show Sarah Palin's Alaska "is failing soo hard right now." Bristol's sister Willow, 16, added, "Don't watch it, dumb sh-t." Bristol soon backed off, posting, "[We] shouldn't have reacted to negative comments about our family." Willow reportedly deactivated her account.
CAUGHT IN THE ACT
• 11/10, L.A.: Jenna Dewan gushed about hubby Channing Tatum at the Sony Cyber-shot holiday event.
• 11/11, L.A.: Mila Kunis hung with gal pals at Audi's AFI Fest afterparty for Black Swan at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
• 11/14, N.Y.C.: Scarlett Johansson enjoyed SNL's afterparty at Primehouse.
• 11/18, N.Y.C.: Blake Lively unveiled the Swarovski Christmas-tree star.
• 11/15, L.A.: Olivia Munn laughed it up at Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed Brotherhood launch.
• 11/18, N.Y.C.: Sheryl Crow sang at the Samuel Waxman Cancer Research gala.
• 11/18, L.A.: Johnny Knoxville partied at the American Express event for The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia.
• 11/18, L.A.: Rosario Dawson struck a pose at the In Add Minus store opening.
• 11/16, L.A.: Ashlee Simpson-Wentz gleefully chatted about son Bronx, 2, telling guests at the launch of SolsticeSunglasses.com, "He's getting so big!"
- CONTRIBUTORS Jennifer Garcia,
- Kate Hallett,
- Oliver Jones,
- Ken Lee,
- Liz McNeil,
- Lesley Messer,
- Aili Nahas,
- with Pernilla Cedenheim,
- Sharon Cotliar,
- Linda Marx,
- Sandra Sobieraj Westfall.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!