Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Hayden Panettiere Feels Like She's 'Finally Coming Back Into My Own Body' After Giving Birth
- Read the Cover Story: How Blake Shelton Is Moving On After Split
- 8 Healthy Snacks You Can Make in the Office
- Lady Gaga's Back to Her Gaga Style Ways! See Her Out-There Airport Outfits
- Florida Woman Arrested After Live-Streaming a Video of Herself Allegedly Driving Drunk on Periscope
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 06, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 21
Ronni Chasen: Murder in Beverly Hills
The Mysterious Shooting of a Veteran Publicist Leaves Hollywood in Shock
Hours after the Burlesque premiere, those words proved chillingly prophetic. As Chasen drove home from an afterparty, wending her way through an upscale residential section of Beverly Hills in her black Mercedes-Benz, she was fatally shot multiple times in the chest. So far, her murder has left more questions than answers. Was Chasen a victim of road rage? Did someone want her dead? On Nov. 18 Beverly Hills mayor Jimmy Delshad told a TV station that detectives believe she "was targeted" and was "shot through the passenger window." Investigators, however, are being more circumspect. The shooting "is still very much a whodunit," says Beverly Hills Sgt. Lincoln Hoshino. Police also don't know if the passenger-side window was blown out by bullets or when Chasen's car hit a lamppost.
Clients of Chasen, who was unmarried, are stunned and heartsick. Oscar-winning composer Hans Zimmer says Chasen "protected me fiercely and brilliantly in choppy waters." John Travolta holds a special place in his heart for Chasen, who was his first publicist. "She was very nurturing, caring and effective," he says. "I will always be thankful to her."
- Reported by Howard Breuer/Los Angeles,
- Ken Lee/Los Angeles.
October 10, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!