Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Is That Ben Affleck Battling the Joker on the Suicide Squad Set?
- Read the Cover Story: The Duggars' Dark Secrets
- Machine Gun Kelly on Dating Amber Rose: 'It Wasn't Anything I Planned'
- In Their Own Words: 3 Signs of Trouble Between The Bachelor's Chris & Whitney
- Blake Lively Is Adding 'Fashion Designer' to Her Resumé
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 13, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 22
KIM & GABRIEL SWEET ROMANCE
• Weeks after telling PEOPLE "I want to fall in love, but I'm not desperately looking," it seems Kim Kardashian has found romance. The reality star stepped out of her NFL-player comfort zone and, for the past month, has been quietly dating model Gabriel Aubry (yes, Halle Berry's ex). The couple, who were introduced by mutual friends in N.Y.C., stepped out at a recent L.A. Lakers game and spent Thanksgiving together. "He's met her family," says a source. Aubry, 35, who has daughter Nahla, 2, with Berry, "likes how family-oriented [Kim] is," says a pal. Kardashian, 30, "likes that he's cool and relaxed," adds the source. "But she's trying to take it slow."
Taylor & Jake TENNESSEE TWOSOME
Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal celebrated one full month of sort-of-public dating with a little Southern hospitality. After spending Thanksgiving together in N.Y.C. with his family, TayJay headed to her hometown of Nashville, where Gyllenhaal got cozy with the singer-and her family. The couple held hands while at lunch with Swift's brother and dad at Anchor High Grill on Nov. 27. "Everyone seemed to get along," a witness tells Scoop. That night they joined her mom and others for dinner and a tour of the Opryland Hotel's holiday decorations. "They weren't trying to hide," says a source who saw them that morning. "They were snuggly and very happy."
CELEBRITY LEGAL BLOTTER
Of curly contracts, hairy business and puffs of smoke
Mr. Big is being sued (not for Sex and the City 2!). A lawyer who worked with Noth, 56, when he owned a now-defunct N.Y.C. nightclub wants a $109,000 retainer returned, claiming it was mistakenly refunded.
The heiress strikes back! Hilton, 29, is countersuing HairTech International, a hair extension company that previously sued her for $35 million. Hilton, who claims she was defrauded, is asking for $2.1 million.
The country star, 77, was arrested Nov. 26 in Texas after police allegedly found 6 oz. of pot on his tour bus. He was released on $2,500 bail.
Fresh Diet, a food delivery service, is not renewing the singer's contract as their spokeswoman, claiming she wasn't sticking to their healthy lifestyle. A Fresh Diet rep says the last straw was when Wilson, 42, talked up her own line of non-diet cheesecake on her reality show. A rep for Wilson claims, "It was strictly a business decision."
BROOKE MUELLER & LINDSAY LOHAN
SOBER FOR THE HOLIDAY
Despite being escorted out of an L.A. hotel on Thanksgiving morning in her PJs amid rumors of a relapse, Charlie Sheen's ex Brooke Mueller spent the rest of the day quietly with her parents and twin boys. "She's been working hard at her sobriety," said her mom, Moira Fiore, who denied that Mueller's using again. Lindsay Lohan, who's in rehab until at least Jan. 3, earned a pass from the Betty Ford Center to work out at a local gym and have dinner with her dad, Michael.
John & Kelly's Baby Joy!
John Travolta, 56, and Kelly Preston, 48, proudly welcomed 8-lb. 3-oz. son Benjamin into the world on Nov. 23. "John, Kelly and their daughter Ella Bleu are ecstatic about the newest member of the family," they said. Producer pal Keisha Whitaker tells PEOPLE that she and husband Forest Whitaker are "completely overjoyed" for the family, while Kirstie Alley adds, "Don't mean to steal Fred's line, but this is yabba-dabba doo ... with a double dose of woo-hoo on top."
GOSSELIN TOTS 'NOT EXPELLED'
After reports that two of Kate Gosselin's sextuplets, Alexis and Collin, 6, were kicked out of their private school, the reality star sets the record straight. "They were not expelled," Kate says. "Their needs couldn't be met right now by the school, so it was decided they should leave." They were, says Kate, struggling to keep up with the school's academically challenging standards while coping with post-divorce stress. "They have some anger issues right now, and they don't want to sit still and focus and do what the rest of the class is doing," she explains. They are now working with a private tutor, and the goal, says Kate, "is to return them to the same school as soon as they are ready."
LOOK OUT! RUSSELL BRAND LEARNS TO DRIVE
He has a new American wife and a thriving Hollywood career. One thing Russell Brand is missing? A driver's license. For the past several months, the rakish Brit, 35, has been working on that by taking daily driving lessons. "He wants to be an independent husband," says a source. It's about time-wife Katy Perry, 26, reportedly bought him a Range Rover last year. So far, so good: He's managed freeway merging and maneuvering past emergency vehicles. Says the source: "He's very excited about driving."
BABY TRUTH & FICTION
Tabloid reports surfaced that Longoria, who is divorcing Tony Parker, 28, is adopting a child from Haiti, but a source close to the actress, 35, says it's just "not true."
While promoting her 2010 Christmas CD on the radio, Carey, 41, referred to her bump as "they," sparking rumors that she is expecting twins. Her rep maintains it was a generic reference and not a slip.
She's one fashionable mom! The designer, 39, and husband Alasdhair Willis, 40, welcomed their fourth child, a daughter, Reiley, on Nov. 23 in London.
STARS AND THEIR SPARKLERS
JEWELER LORRAINE SCHWARTZ HAS ONE A-LIST FAN CLUB!
As they say, diamonds are a girl's best friend. Hollywood starlets celebrated the launch of Lorraine Schwartz's 2BHAPPY collection Nov. 22 at N.Y.C.'s Lavo. Beyonce hosted the night for her friend and fave jeweler (Schwartz designed the singer's $5 million diamond engagement ring from Jay-Z!) and hung with mom Tina Knowles. Kim Kardashian dropped by and partied with Estelle. DJ Cassidy spun classic tunes by Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson and Earth, Wind & Fire. And newly single Blake Lively spent the evening surrounded by male admirers. "She had a great time and loved the attention," says a guest.
CAUGHT IN THE ACT
• 11/18, L.A.: A cheerful Sandra Bullock shopped with pals at Madison. She picked up Fiorentini + Baker boots.
• 11/21, L.A.: Joe Jonas and girlfriend Ashley Greene had a romantic dinner at Koi. Lady Antebellum walked in, and Jonas sent over a bottle of Dom Perignon (he's a huge fan of theirs!).
• 11/24, L.A.: It was couples' night at the SLS hotel's Bazaar. Hayden Christensen and Rachel Bilson went for the gourmet Philly cheesesteak. Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin also cozied up.
• 11/26, Las Vegas: Victoria Beckham and sons Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz took in The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil at the Mirage.
• 11/18, Rosarito, Mexico: Sylvester Stallone and Dolph Lundgren went south of the border to scout locations for the Expendables sequel.
• 11/29, Burbank: Courteney Cox Arquette and David Arquette had a friendly lunch with a group at Morton's.
• 11/27, Chicago: True Blood's Ryan Kwanten toasted his 34th at a Grey Goose-sponsored bash at the Underground.
PINK They don't know the sex of their baby-on-the-way, but if Pink, 31, and Carey Hart, 35, have a boy, they're set on the name: Jameson, after her dad, brother and the famous whiskey.
- CONTRIBUTORS Jennifer Garcia,
- Oliver Jones,
- Marisa Laudadio,
- Ken Lee,
- Mia McNiece,
- with Joey Bartolomeo,
- Pernilla Cedenheim,
- Alexis Chiu,
- Mark Gray,
- Elizabeth Leonard,
- Linda Marx,
- Lesley Messer,
- Kay West.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!