- Legendary College Basketball Coach Pat Summitt Dies at 64 After Battle with Alzheimer's Disease
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian Celebrate Khloe's Birthday with Kim, Kourtney and Kylie
- Romance in Rome! Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Take Their Jet Set Relationship to Italy
- IKEA Issues Voluntary Recall of Dressers and Chests That Have Killed 6 Children
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- December 20, 2010
- Vol. 74
- No. 23
Peter Billingsley: Surviving Christmas
As a Spunky Kid, He Made A Christmas Story a Classic Holiday Movie. Now He's a Behind-the-Scenes Hollywood Success
More than 25 years after he donned those pink bunny pajamas, Billingsley, 39, is a successful movie producer (he executive-produced Iron Man) and director (Couples Retreat). But this season, he found himself drawn back to his child-star roots: He's executive- producing A Christmas Story: The Musical!, a show now onstage in Seattle that he hopes will someday land on Broadway. "The film brings a lot of joy to a lot of people," he says. "I always get asked, 'Aren't you over it?' But I'm not."
Now living in L.A., the single Billingsley is partners in a production company with his longtime pal Vince Vaughn, whom he met when they costarred in a 1990 after-school special about the dangers of steroids. But Ralphie and his Red Ryder BB gun will always be close to Billingsley's heart. "I still have the gun," he says. "And I sadly still have that bunny suit."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!