Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Langston Hughes Celebrated in Sunday's Google Doodle
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Recovery Would Be a Miracle, Says Source
- Former Power Rangers Star Arrested for Murdering Roommate with a Samurai Sword
- President Obama Weighs in on DeflateGate: 'If You Break the Rules, Then You Break the Rules'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday February 01, 2015 07:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 17, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 2
The Host of CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight Is Ready to Conquer the World, Shooting His New Talk Show in New York City, Los Angeles and His Hometown of London
Famous for his blunt criticism as a judge on America's Got Talent, Morgan, 45, is characteristically direct about life in Hollywood: "It's an incredibly shallow place where success is based on ratings," he says. "You're either a hit or you're not." He loves cycling "from the Santa Monica Pier to Venice Beach" and hanging out at Hollywood hot spots, but grumbles, "I find the constant sunshine boring!"
"I love the energy on the streets and the attitude," says Morgan, who primarily calls Manhattan home while preparing to launch his talk show on Jan. 17. His favorite piece of the Big Apple? "Central Park is incredibly important and romantic," he says. "I like going on a boat around the lake, coming to the Boathouse [restaurant] and having a nice bottle of French wine. You can't beat that."
His hometown may feel more "violent" than it once did, but the former newspaper editor gushes nonetheless, "London is magical." While he misses his wife, Celia Walden, and kids from a previous marriage, Spencer, 17, Stanley, 13, and Albert, 10, who have stayed overseas, Morgan is also homesick for British culture. "I miss cricket and pubs," he says. "And I don't have tea often in America-the milk tastes different!"
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!