Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- A Masked Katy Perry Waits in Line for an Hour to Eat at Tokyo's First-Ever Taco Bell
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 20- Apr. 26, 2015
- Powerboat Racer Who Allegedly Faked His Death to Avoid Criminal Charges Faces More Charges
- 7-Year-Old Writes Comic Book to Empower Other Girls with Insecurities
- Liam Payne Says New One Direction Album Will Be 'Oasis-y,' Jokes the Band Is 'Already a Man Down'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 17, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 2
The Host of CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight Is Ready to Conquer the World, Shooting His New Talk Show in New York City, Los Angeles and His Hometown of London
Famous for his blunt criticism as a judge on America's Got Talent, Morgan, 45, is characteristically direct about life in Hollywood: "It's an incredibly shallow place where success is based on ratings," he says. "You're either a hit or you're not." He loves cycling "from the Santa Monica Pier to Venice Beach" and hanging out at Hollywood hot spots, but grumbles, "I find the constant sunshine boring!"
"I love the energy on the streets and the attitude," says Morgan, who primarily calls Manhattan home while preparing to launch his talk show on Jan. 17. His favorite piece of the Big Apple? "Central Park is incredibly important and romantic," he says. "I like going on a boat around the lake, coming to the Boathouse [restaurant] and having a nice bottle of French wine. You can't beat that."
His hometown may feel more "violent" than it once did, but the former newspaper editor gushes nonetheless, "London is magical." While he misses his wife, Celia Walden, and kids from a previous marriage, Spencer, 17, Stanley, 13, and Albert, 10, who have stayed overseas, Morgan is also homesick for British culture. "I miss cricket and pubs," he says. "And I don't have tea often in America-the milk tastes different!"
April 28, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!