Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gorilla Shot and Killed at Cincinnati Zoo After Boy, 4, Slips into Gorilla Enclosure
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Waiting to Exhale: Prince William Warms Up for Polo by Doing Yoga in White Jeans
- Check Out the Very Sexy New Swim Line Ashley Graham Designed (Available Now!)
- 10 Summer-Ready White Dresses You Need Right Now
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 10, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 1
Reese & Rob's Romance
In Water for Elephants, Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon Fall for Each Other-and Their Four-Ton Costar
In the adaptation of Sara Gruen's bestselling novel, due in theaters April 22, Pattinson stars as Jacob, a veterinary student who tends the menagerie of a 1930s traveling circus. He falls in love with Witherspoon's Marlena, the show's star performer and wife of its abusive ringmaster, played by Christoph Waltz. "Their romance is a slow burn," says director Francis Lawrence. "It has to take its time."
Pattinson instantly bonded with Tai, the Indian elephant who plays Rosie. Says Pattinson: "I've never been next to such an enormous animal who is so graceful around people."
Witherspoon (with Waltz) embraced her character's bombshell look. "Making her a bottle blonde gave her a little more edge," says Lawrence.
"All three actors were amazing with the animals," says animal coordinator Paul "Sled" Reynolds. "We beat up Reese pretty good, and she never complained."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!