- Shark Week's Paul De Gelder Shares His Inspiring Message to North Carolina Shark-Bite Victims
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- BLOOP!: NeNe Leakes May Be Leaving RHOA, But We'll Always Have Her Gifs
- Are Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden Getting Ready for a Baby?
- The Real Reason Halle Berry Had a Major Diva Meltdown on Set
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- January 10, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 1
Reese & Rob's Romance
In Water for Elephants, Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon Fall for Each Other-and Their Four-Ton Costar
In the adaptation of Sara Gruen's bestselling novel, due in theaters April 22, Pattinson stars as Jacob, a veterinary student who tends the menagerie of a 1930s traveling circus. He falls in love with Witherspoon's Marlena, the show's star performer and wife of its abusive ringmaster, played by Christoph Waltz. "Their romance is a slow burn," says director Francis Lawrence. "It has to take its time."
Pattinson instantly bonded with Tai, the Indian elephant who plays Rosie. Says Pattinson: "I've never been next to such an enormous animal who is so graceful around people."
Witherspoon (with Waltz) embraced her character's bombshell look. "Making her a bottle blonde gave her a little more edge," says Lawrence.
"All three actors were amazing with the animals," says animal coordinator Paul "Sled" Reynolds. "We beat up Reese pretty good, and she never complained."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!