Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- She Said Yes! NFL Pro Larry English and WAGS' Nicole Williams Are Engaged
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Blac Chyna's Mom Warns Rob Kardashian: 'You're Going to Ruin [Your Relationship]' with Chyna
- Iconic Golfer Arnold Palmer Dies at 87
- Jacqueline Laurita Plans Early Departure from Vermont Trip After Threats from Teresa Giudice's Friend
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 31, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 4
Spice up the award-show season by throwing a dinner party inspired by the menu at the Screen Actors Guild ceremony. Here's one of the recipes the A-listers of TV and film will be eating
ARUGULA SALAD WITH BLOOD ORANGES, DATES AND PARMIGIANO-REGGIANO CHEESE
4 large blood oranges ½ (5-oz.) package fresh arugula
15 large dried dates, pitted and halved 1¼4 lb. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Peel oranges; remove any white pith. Slice into ¼-in. pinwheels.
2. Scatter half of the arugula on a large platter. Arrange half of the oranges, dates and cheese over greens. Repeat using remaining ingredients.
3. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
6 baguette slices, cut into pieces 8-in. long and ¼-in. thick
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
6 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Brush both sides of bread slices with olive oil; place on a baking sheet.
3. Combine cheese and herbs. Sprinkle mixture evenly over bread.
4. Bake 7 to 8 minutes until crisp and golden. Add to top of salad.
The SAG Awards airs Jan. 30 at 8 p.m. ET on TNT and TBS.
William & Kate's SCOTLAND
A travel guide to St. Andrews-the college town where the royal romance began
1. UNIVERSITY OF ST. ANDREWS
The school-founded in 1413-is where 19-year-old art-history majors Kate Middleton and Prince William first met. They spent nights at local pub Ma Bells and days, says an onlooker, "gazing into each other's eyes" at rugby matches.
For info: st-andrews.ac.uk
2. BALMORAL CASTLE
While in school, William would take Kate on weekend trips to the royal family's nearby summer retreat, where they'd stay in his three-bedroom "cottage."
For info: balmoralcastle.com
3. THE OAK ROOMS
The couple shared intimate dinners at this restaurant in St. Andrews' boutique hotel Ogstons, on North Street. The prince's favorite dish? Chicken fajitas, says a source. The hotel is located near the renowned Old Course at St. Andrews, one of the oldest golf courses in the world.
For info: ogstonsonnorthst.com/oakrooms.html and www.standrews.org.uk
BRING SCOTLAND HOME
Here's a sample of the products available at Balmoral Castle's online gift shop
OFFICIAL ROYAL WEDDING SOUVENIR CHINA
Plate ($64); Tankard ($56); balmoralcastle.com/ acatalog/index.html
*shipping charges vary
- Suzanne Zuckerman,
- with Moira Bailey,
- Monique Jessen,
- Simon Perry.
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!