Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bill Cosby Files Motion to Dismiss Defamation Lawsuit Against Him
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Royal Astronaut? Prince William Shares Boyhood Wish During Visit to Japan
- Burger King Franchisee of the Year Award Winner Gives $120K to Employees
- Teen Encouraged Friend to Commit Suicide, Police Say
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 31, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 4
REESE & JIM'S WEDDING PLANS!
Reese Witherspoon, 34, is done with the dating game and now doesn't want to play the waiting game. Plans for her wedding to talent agent Jim Toth, 40, are moving quickly. "It will be a short engagement," says a source. "They're ready to start their life together." Adds an insider: The actress is planning a shopping trip with a few close girlfriends to pick out the perfect gown. "She wants to find something really sophisticated and spectacular." And she appears to be getting ready for her dress fittings with regular two-mile jogs and "very strenuous" 90-minute yoga classes. As for their longer-term goals, babies may be on the horizon. According to a source, they "have talked about having kids."
ROYAL WEDDING UPDATE
Kate Middleton has chosen her wedding gown designer. But "it's Miss Middleton's intention to keep the dress a secret for her bridegroom on their wedding day, as is every bride's prerogative," says a Palace spokesman. Still, was there a hint when her mother, Carole, 56, and sister Pippa, 27, were spotted browsing Bruce Oldfield's store in London's swanky Knightsbridge area? While the designer, a favorite of Princess Diana's, had no comment, Elizabeth Emanuel, who codesigned Diana's wedding gown, tells Scoop, "He'd be the perfect choice." Meanwhile the couple may ask guests to donate to charity in lieu of gifts-Prince Charles and Diana received more than 6,000 on their big day.
TOM HANKS' SON A RAPPER!
COLLEGE SOPHOMORE-AND BUDDING HIP-HOP STAR-CHET HAZE (REAL NAME: CHESTER HANKS) RELEASED "WHITE AND PURPLE (NORTHWESTERN REMIX)" ON JAN. 11. STEP ASIDE, EMINEM?
WHITE & PURPLE
I'm livin' college life
Homie, tell the world it's mine
White kicks, purple kush
This is college
Hittin' blunts after hittin' books
WHO'S DUE REVIEW
Already mom to son Ryder, 7, with ex Chris Robinson, Hudson, 31, is expecting a baby with her boyfriend of nine months, rocker Matthew Bellamy, 32. "They couldn't be more excited," says a source. Adds a pal: "Kate really wanted another baby." As for the couple, "they're inseparable."
It's a third for the actress, 40, and Paul Bettany, 39, who also have Stellan, 7, and Kai, 13, her son from a previous relationship.
The actress, 34, will become a first-time mom when she and husband Christopher Jarecki welcome a baby this year.
"I feel really lucky," says the singer, 36, who, after two years of trying, is expecting a baby with husband Ty Murray, 41.
The actress, 32, and her husband of nearly two years, Cory Hardrict, 35, will welcome their first child in July. "They're thrilled," says a source.
Blair, 38, and her fashion designer boyfriend of one year, Jason Bleick, are awaiting a bundle of joy-their first!
Baby Beckham will join the brood of mom, 36, dad David, 35, and brothers Brooklyn, 11, Romeo, 8, and Cruz, 5.
While Lindsay Lohan spends her post-rehab life lying low at home, Charlie Sheen has been living it up elsewhere. In her new rental townhouse in Venice, Calif., Lohan "seems happy and is doing well," says a source, although "she still doesn't like to be alone at night and has had people over to keep her company." Meanwhile, Sheen returned to Las Vegas for a second straight weekend, this time clowning around at the MGM Grand for Drew Carey's new GSN show Improv-A-Ganza. CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler told reporters at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena on Jan. 14, "There is a high level of concern" about his personal life, but "he does his job extremely well."
UPDATES ON SOME FAMOUS-AND ONE INFAMOUS- FORTYSOMETHING EXES
Only weeks after her split was public, a beaming ELAINE IRWIN-MELLENCAMP, 41, John Mellencamp's ex, hit a few Golden Globe parties. "Elaine is doing great," says a friend. "She's moving on." OWEN WILSON, 42, matched his ex Kate Hudson's baby news with a happy surprise: His girlfriend of more than a year Jade Duell gave birth to his first child, a son, on Jan. 14 in Hawaii. "He'll make a great dad," says a pal. While Sandra Bullock made her Globes return, JESSE JAMES, 41, proclaimed via a tweet earlier that morning that his reality-star girlfriend KAT VON D, 28, is "my other half."
Power jaw plus steely gaze equals Hawaii Five-0 star
RYAN GOSLING + STEPHEN BALDWIN = SCOTT CAAN
CAUGHT IN THE ACT
• 1/15, Las Vegas: Kristin Cavallari toasted her 24th birthday at the Bank nightclub at Bellagio. The only thing missing from the night? Her Chicago Bears quarterback boyfriend Jay Cutler, who was busy with playoffs. "I'm in love," she confessed to Scoop. • 1/13, L.A.: Gerard Butler caught up with pal Maria Bello at Bulgari's Save the Children benefit. • 1/14, L.A.: Adam Levine hung with pals and chowed down on Fatburger at the Critics' Choice Movie Awards afterparty. • 1/14, N.Y.C.: Lil Jon celebrated his 39th b-day early at Bagatelle. • 1/15, L.A.: Jane Lynch and wife Lara Embry stopped by Access Hollywood's Stuff You Must lounge for Pretty Ballerina flats (and some canoodling). • 1/15, L.A.: Eva Mendes chatted with Kirsten Dunst at the Art of Elysium Heaven Gala sponsored by Mercedes-Benz. • 1/15, Las Vegas: Ray J toasted turning 30 with sister Brandy by his side.
IT'S OVER ... FOR NOW January Jones and SNL star Jason Sudeikis have split. "They've been on and off for a few months, but they could get back together," says a source... . AUNT ANNE Glee confirms Anne Hathaway wants to play the lesbian aunt of Chris Colfer... . JOKE'S ON YOU Kanye West tweeted " 'Me and Jay-Z' single is one of the best songs of all time!" to Britney Spears. His "LOL" didn't save him-her fans attacked his Twitter feed, and he removed the tweet... . NEW COUPLE! Melissa Etheridge is dating Nurse Jackie creator Linda Wallem.
- CONTRIBUTORS Jennifer Garcia,
- Carlos Greer,
- Oliver Jones,
- Marisa Laudadio,
- Mia McNiece,
- Aili Nahas,
- Simon Perry,
- Cynthia Wang,
- Suzanne Zuckerman,
- with K.C. Baker,
- Pernilla Cedenheim,
- Alexis Chiu,
- Mark Gray,
- Alyssa Shelasky,
- Charlotte Triggs,
- Michelle Ward.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!