Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- House of Cards Star Reveals How to Know When a Character Will Be Killed Off
- Read the Cover Story: Meet Kelly Clarkson's Baby Girl!
- Christopher Plummer Explains Why He Skipped the Oscars: 'It Was a Tribute to Julie Andrews'
- Lara Logan Hospitalized for Internal Bleeding
- Eddie Redmayne as a Woman: Photo Shows Actor as Transgender Pioneer Lili Elbe
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 31, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 4
Chef James Kent: Can He Win the Food Olympics?
The New York Gourmet Will Go Toque to Toque Against 23 Chefs at the Bocuse D'or
It's an honor he earned last February after wowing a panel of judges that included cooking legends such as Daniel Boulud and Thomas Keller with his lamb and salmon creations. Since then Kent and his commis (assistant chef) Tom Allan, 22, have worked more than 2,000 hours to perfect the two dishes-one meat (lamb) and one seafood (monkfish)-that they are required to present to 24 international judges at the cutthroat culinary contest held in Lyon, France, on Jan. 25 and 26. "The competition is fierce," says Kent, who will face off against 23 cooks from all over the world. "There are teams who have been doing it for years." But Kent is ready for the challenge. "We want judges to stop focusing on someone else's food," says Kent. "We want ours to be a showstopper."
- Liza Hamm/N.Y.C..
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!