Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 20 Creative Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipes
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- After One Twin Brother Collapses, the Other Discovers They Share a Rare and Often-Fatal Heart Defect: 'God Saved Both of Our Lives'
- Pamela Anderson's Vegan Boots Are Made Out of Recycled TV Screens: 'They're Compassionate and Sexy'
- Pope Francis Visits Refugee Camp in War-Torn African Nation as a 'Pilgrim of Peace'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 31, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 4
A Ticking Bomb
His relationship with his parents, Randy and Amy Loughner, a park manager, "seemed really dysfunctional," says former girlfriend Ashley Figueroa. "His parents wouldn't let me come over."
His short fuse extended to customers. "Women bugged him," says Rodriguez, recalling an especially hostile reaction to one last year. "When she left, he was like, 'Go stuff your fat face and get even fatter, you stupid bitch.' It was nasty stuff."
His stormy temperament made romance difficult. Figueroa, 22, who dated Loughner during high school, recalls him as "very nice and extremely smart" but prone to tantrums. "When he'd get mad, he'd clench his fist and flail his arms," she says. "It scared me."
A few months ago, Figueroa had a chilling encounter with a coldly distant Loughner. "It was like looking at someone I didn't know," Figueroa says. "It was like he didn't have a soul."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!