Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Yes! Michael Keaton Says He Wants to Make Beetlejuice Sequel
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- It's a Boy for Chris O'Dowd
- Who Brightened Yolanda Foster's Day with Get Well Flowers?
- You’ll Never Guess Where Kim & Kanye Went with Chrissy Teigen & John Legend on a Double Date
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday February 01, 2015 04:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 31, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 4
A Ticking Bomb
His relationship with his parents, Randy and Amy Loughner, a park manager, "seemed really dysfunctional," says former girlfriend Ashley Figueroa. "His parents wouldn't let me come over."
His short fuse extended to customers. "Women bugged him," says Rodriguez, recalling an especially hostile reaction to one last year. "When she left, he was like, 'Go stuff your fat face and get even fatter, you stupid bitch.' It was nasty stuff."
His stormy temperament made romance difficult. Figueroa, 22, who dated Loughner during high school, recalls him as "very nice and extremely smart" but prone to tantrums. "When he'd get mad, he'd clench his fist and flail his arms," she says. "It scared me."
A few months ago, Figueroa had a chilling encounter with a coldly distant Loughner. "It was like looking at someone I didn't know," Figueroa says. "It was like he didn't have a soul."
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!