Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Naomi Watts Celebrates Her Birthday with Goofy Instagram Snap After Split from Liev Schreiber
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- José Fernández's Pallbearers Wear No. 16 Jersey in Emotional Funeral for Marlins Star
- Friends Spring to Rosie O'Donnell's Defense After 'Unrelenting Meanness' from Donald Trump: 'Don't Worry Girl, We Got You!'
- Mom Fights Back After a Police Officer Allegedly Told Her It's Illegal to Breastfeed in Public
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 31, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 4
A Ticking Bomb
His relationship with his parents, Randy and Amy Loughner, a park manager, "seemed really dysfunctional," says former girlfriend Ashley Figueroa. "His parents wouldn't let me come over."
His short fuse extended to customers. "Women bugged him," says Rodriguez, recalling an especially hostile reaction to one last year. "When she left, he was like, 'Go stuff your fat face and get even fatter, you stupid bitch.' It was nasty stuff."
His stormy temperament made romance difficult. Figueroa, 22, who dated Loughner during high school, recalls him as "very nice and extremely smart" but prone to tantrums. "When he'd get mad, he'd clench his fist and flail his arms," she says. "It scared me."
A few months ago, Figueroa had a chilling encounter with a coldly distant Loughner. "It was like looking at someone I didn't know," Figueroa says. "It was like he didn't have a soul."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!