Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Courtney Love and Frances Bean Cobain Share a Hug at Sundance
- The Style Top 5: A Look at a Sexy New Jeans Ad (Starring Adrian Grenier)
Kendall Jenner's Makeup Secret & More
- Lindsay Lohan Posts Racy Photo and Jokes About Her Untreatable Illness
- How Did JLo's Sexy Co-Star Sculpt His Washboard Abs?
- Go Behind-the-Scenes of the Sundance Film Festival!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday January 25, 2015 07:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 24, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 3
The Food Network star shares a recipe for a spicy, hearty rib eye
GIADA'S RIB-EYE STEAKS WITH SMOKY ARRABIATA SAUCE
1 (3-in.) serrano pepper
1 (28-oz. can) crushed tomatoes
1 small onion, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tbsp. capers, drained, rinsed and coarsely chopped
1 tbsp. sugar 2½ tsp. smoked paprika
1 tbsp. kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
2 (1-lb.) rib-eye steaks, each about 1-in. thick
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil 1½ tsp. kosher salt ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1. Remove stem and half the seeds from pepper; coarsely chop. Pulse pepper and next 7 ingredients in a food processor until mixture is chunky.
2. Bring tomato mixture to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes or until thickened. Salt to taste. Cover and keep warm.
3. Heat grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat grill to 350 to 400 (medium-high heat).
4. Drizzle each side of steaks with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Cover steaks; let stand 5 minutes. Slice steaks across the grain into ¼-in.-thick slices; serve with sauce.
For more of Giada's recipes, food and products, go to Targe.com/Giada.
The Cosmopolitan Hotel
CELEB HOT SPOT
The new Las Vegas luxury hotel-already a hit with stars-provides a recipe from its French restaurant Comme Ca
1 tbsp. butter, plus extra for spreading on bread
1 tbsp. flour ¾ cup milk
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
¾ cup grated Gruyere cheese
4 slices of French or Italian loaf bread
8 thin slices of ham Dijon mustard
2 eggs, fried over easy
1. Melt 1 tbsp. butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add flour, cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring until smooth. Slowly whisk in milk, stirring continuously until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in Parmesan and 2 tbsp. of Gruyere.
2. Preheat oven to 350. Butter bread slices lightly on both sides and lay them on a baking sheet. Bake, turning once, until each side is lightly browned.
3. Spread one side of each bread slice with mustard. Divide ham between two of the slices along with ½ cup of Gruyere. Place the other slices, mustard side down, on top.
4. Spread the sauce mixture over sandwiches. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining Gruyère. Place sandwiches on sheet pan and bake for 5 minutes. Broil for an additional 3-5 minutes, until the cheese mixture on top is bubbling and lightly browned. Top each sandwich with a fried egg.
- CONTRIBUTORS Thailan Pham,
- with Liza Hamm.
January 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!