Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Old Yeller Actor Kevin Corcoran Dies at 66
- Read the Cover Story: How Blake Shelton Is Moving On After Split
- Prince Harry Gets a Surprise Gift (Hint: Think Rugby)
- Ethan Hawke and Wife To Run the NYC Marathon For the First Time
- Passenger Thanks 'Hero' Co-Pilot Who Safely Landed American Airlines Flight After Pilot's Sudden Death: 'There Was No Panic'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
I Married a Foodie
For These Couples, It Was An Affair of the Stomach
THE RESTAURATEUR CATERS TO HIS SUPERMODEL WIFE
When supermodel Cindy Crawford is too busy to plan dinner for her kids Presley, 11, and Kaia, 9, she reverts to Plan B: She calls Cafe Habana-the Cuban outpost her husband, restaurateur Rande Gerber, opened near their Malibu home-and asks the staff to marinate a steak for her. "Then we can throw it on the grill at home," says Crawford. Thus are the benefits of being married to the owner of more than 20 bars and lounges worldwide. Gerber's motto when it comes to his menus? "Nothing is too complicated," says the restaurateur, whose bestselling dishes include Mexican corn and sopes (fried corn patties topped with chicken). Crawford also insists on healthy options. "I wanted Rande to include dishes that are full of flavor but lighter," says Crawford, who requested tortilla soup. "We did 10 tastings until we found one we liked." Gerber has his wife to thank for expanding his palate. "When I met Rande he only ate iceberg lettuce," laughs Crawford, who introduced Gerber and their friend George Clooney to sushi when they first met. Now Kaia is showing signs of becoming a budding chef. "She makes her own scrambled eggs," says Crawford. Gerber chimes in, "She bakes too-brownies, cupcakes, all things I like to eat!"
CHIMICHURRI-MARINATED SKIRT STEAK
Serves 4 to 6
2 lbs. skirt steak
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
(Makes 2 cups)
¼ cup chopped oregano leaves
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
¼ cup finely minced shallots
2 tbsp. chopped garlic
1 tbsp. red chili flakes
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1½ cups olive oil
1. Combine all chimichurri ingredients in a bowl.
2. Reserve 1 cup chimichurri in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use. (Before serving, let chimichurri come to room temperature, about half an hour.) Place steak in a freezer bag with remaining cup of chimichurri and marinate overnight, up to 24 hours.
3. Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
4. Scrape marinade off meat and season with salt and pepper.
5. Grill steak until medium rare, 6 to 7 minutes per side.
6. Let steak rest for 5 minutes. Cut against the grain into ½-in.-thick slices.
7. Drizzle with reserved chimichurri. Serve with rice and beans.
THEY ALSO FELL FOR A FOODIE...
BOBBY FLAY & STEPHANIE MARCH
Even before they married in '05, Flay's Mesa Grill was a fave with the Law & Order: SVU star: "They have the finest chef!"
ANDREW CUOMO & SANDRA LEE
NORAH O'DONNELL & GEOFF TRACY
The MSNBC reporter and her chef husband wrote Baby Love, a baby-food cookbook.
DAVID BURTKA & NEIL PATRICK HARRIS
The TV star and his actor-chef partner became dads to twins in October. "I'm excited to teach them about food," says Burtka.
JERI RYAN & CHRISTOPHE EME
When they started dating, the actress says the French chef would "send out courses that had a little inside joke" when she visited his former restaurant, L'Orangerie.
PAOLO MASTROPIETRO & JILL HENNESSY
The actress says her restaurateur husband won her over making "killer homemade pasta sauce."
JESSICA & JERRY SEINFELD
The Double Delicious! author is in charge of cooking for the family: "He doesn't really know how to make food, except oatmeal."
HERB WILSON & STAR JONES
The TV personality has been dating the former Soho Grand executive chef for two years.
October 07, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!