Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Can't Do a Chin-Up? No Problem – This Easy Move Gives You the Same Results
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Two Sons Fight to Keep Father Who Murdered Their Mom Behind Bars
- Christina Aguilera's Son Is 'Like a Grandmother' to His Baby Sister
- What Does Katy Perry Really Think About Her Feud with Taylor Swift?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday January 30, 2015 02:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 21, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 11
A Homeless Man Returns $3,300
Dave Tally could hardly believe his eyes. While waiting to board a commuter train in Tempe, Ariz., last November, he spotted an unattended backpack containing $3,300 in cash. After six years of being homeless, Tally's mind raced, thinking of ways he could spend the money-an apartment? A bike? "Yet taking it," recalls Tally, "wasn't the right thing to do."
With help from the staff at his homeless shelter, Tally tracked down the owner: Bryan Belanger, 22, a senior at Arizona State University, who had left the pack behind in his rush to get to work. "I'd given up hope," says Belanger, who was planning to buy a used car with the money. "I was floored when I found out it was a homeless guy."
Since then, Tally's kindness has been repaid tenfold. As news of his good deed spread, the recovering alcoholic and former landscaper received nearly $10,000 in donations from strangers-as well as a small reward from Belanger-and a new set of teeth, thanks to a local oral surgeon. Says Tally, who now has his own apartment and a full-time gardening job: "I can't believe all this was made possible just by doing the right thing."
KNOW A HERO? SEND SUGGESTIONS TO HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!